DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY... a LED rear panel for AMPs & CAP

Old 07-30-2004, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Shifter

Ok, here is another LED mod... tongue.gif

I built a wooden box exactly behind the rear seats (finished with the same back covering material of the trunk) for placing my 2 AMP and the CAP ...

At the beginning, i was only planning to make something easy to remove (in the case) and a good way to place AMPs, CAP & Fuses with wasting too much space in the trunk. So, here's what i did wink.gif

[Things used]

1. Wood panel for making the Box (i used 20mm wide
. Screwdriver & typical tool for DIY works smile.gif
2. Covering material for the box.. you can use whatever you want..
3. A 5mm PlaxyGlass Window
4. Leds or Led tubes..
5. Ok, for this time, i suggest the 5 Litre Barrel of Heineken Beer can be enough wink1.gif it takes a lot for made the box, wire the amps etc... so take it easy..

Built the wooden box in the better way you think. Try to place the box (even if not finished yet) many times before following with the work, so you can notice if you are rights with the measurements or not..
I draw with a pencil the position for place the MACROM Front AMP, the the CAP (1 Farad with digital volmeter) between, and the othe MACROM Rear AMP, then i placed a typical transparent fuses box (2 fuses/2 way) for protecting the AMP.

After covering the finished box cut the plaxyglass with the appropriate measures, pay attention on cutting plexyglass... then fix the windows in the box. The pink wire you see from the bottom is a 8mm balanced pure copper wire coming from the front battery..

Ah! more than what i was expexting! 8)
The plexy windows helps a lot to reflect the led light, so i needed exactly this: use less current consumption, and avoid noises like the magnetic fields a neon tube can do (if placed too near to an AMP).. I placed 1 led tube on the left, 1 in the right, 2 on the bttomo.. and i think it's enough smile.gif

The hole panel ready.
I thinked twice about putting few fans on the corner (lighted fan, 4cm*4cm or 8cm*8cm for example) like the ones used for PC case modding (they works with +12DC) but i didn't place any 'cause i was afraid to let the too much dust come inside the box and i noticed the AMPs didn't get too hot even after an intensive use...

I love CAPs lol.gif so, this pictures only to show you something i like: the light inside the panel is only on the surface, and not in depth. This means that you can see perfectly the 2 AMP, the CAP but not the wiring (maybe sometime hiding or placing well the wires is a little hard to do..

work Finished. LED Tube connected to the Remote of the AMP. so, like the rear speakers, everytime you turn on the radio, the panel will be lighted.
No noise or magnetic field, you will notice thast the led light is incredible! look, you can even see my Pioneer SUB!

Note: I place the plaxyglass in a second time 'cause i was scared about breaking the AMPs whan i had to place something in the trunk..
with the plexy, the led tubes was the incoming idea to get a nice job wink1.gif

Any comments ? wink.gif
Old 07-30-2004, 06:44 AM

Default Re: LED & Speakers...

How hard was it to get the board to stay on the seats without stripping the thin sheet metal? When I screwed my amps and cap to the seats I had to be very carefully, P.I.T.A.! LOL
Old 07-30-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Re: 97 Tiburon vs. 03 Acura RSX type S

Ok, i didn't screw the panel directly on the seats. yes, it was too dangerous and i didn't want to risk about ripping or stripping everythink wink.gif
(and i was scared about byuing new leather seats!)

I built the box and then i blocked it only with few bolts in the bottom beacause i did the the box for being really tight between the entire chassis, so the seats are just overit.
so that, you are free to divide the rear seats, but of course, you always have the panel behind.

It take 1 minute to unmount everything and leave all exactly as before..

to Lolo: nice wheels wink1.gif