Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Telling Rd1's From Rd2's

Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I will just throw this out here, but I see a lot of stuff in the For Sale section of the site. But I waste my time checking it out, because I don't know if its for a RD1 or an RD2 until I get it opened. My suggestion is either put what kind of tib people have into their Screenanmes(RD1, RD2 after their name), or require that in be in the topic title or topic description. It seems like people would do that anyway to inform people. But, I myself posted something for sale, and don't believe that I clarified what year tib it was for.

Anyone with me on this? I skip over the posts I see pertaining to a RD2 usually, unless it catches my interest. I just hate not knowing what year it is for in the post.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

just to give a heads up...but some of the parts for the RD1 and RD2 are interchangable...so the only way to know is to open the thread...

also if you dont know then ask the seller if it will fit your year or all else falls search
Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

pretty much everyone except noobs has a year of their tiburon under their screen name. That's all you need really, a year tells you whether its rd1 or rd2. Also there aren't too many differences and just a little bit of research will clear that up on most pieces. A little research will always go a far way here
Old 05-27-2008, 09:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First, no, we aren't going to be getting folks to put RD1 or RD2 in their usernames.

Second, the other guys are right, it says what year you have in your profile, if the user is so stupid they didn't fill that out, you may not want to buy from them.

Third, we can't get folks to post proper intros, even with a full layout of how to do it. We can't get folks to put FS or WTB in their titles, do you think they'll put RD1 or RD2 in there?

Considering how small the differences are, and the HUGE LIST OF THREADS on this site with what parts are different, whyis there even an issue?

It's pretty obvious.

Different dash pieces. Different seat upholstery. Different hoods, headlights, foglights, corner lights, and radiator supports. Different hatches, taillights, and bumpers.

THat's about it.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

way ahead of you with the name part LOL