Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/site-news-suggestions-bugs-45/)
-   -   Rd2 - Electrical Issues (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/site-news-suggestions-bugs-45/rd2-electrical-issues-48828/)

My1stTiburon 07-17-2008 10:36 PM

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I am not even sure if this is where I should be posting this. I bought my first Tiburon last month, I have a 2000. I really enjoy driving it. I live in Minnesota, there are not that many Tiburon's on the road here. Its fun to stand out. It does have a problem. When I turn my running lights / head lights on, my brake lights also turn on. When I do not have my running lights / head lights on, my brake lights work normally. I am hoping that someone here might have some idea why this is happening, and what the fix is. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

BlueRD2 07-17-2008 11:47 PM

Ok maby its just me, but im having a little trouble understanding your exact problem. When you turn you lights on you tails turn on also? Do you mean they turn on normally or they turn on like your pressing the break?

The tail light should come on when you turn your light on, it is only when you press the break that the second brighter filliment shows that you are stopping.

Soooo the question is When you turn your lights on DO your tails light up normally or DO they light up like your pressing the break?

TibFreak 07-18-2008 05:15 AM

I had a problem pretty close to this. I was puzzled for a while, everyone told me I had the wrong bulbs in it, which I didn't.

If my headlights were on, my brake lights(including the 3rd brake light) would stay lit, without hitting the brake.

I had the problem, if I didn't have my headlights on, everytime I hit the brake, my parking lights/dash lights would come on.

I ended up checking all the wires that go into the housing that hold the lightbulbs, ended up being just a loose wire.

It ended up blowing both the bulbs

Hopefully that helps you, I've yet to help anyone on here, yet.

Bullfrog 07-18-2008 06:03 AM

I commented in your intro post, Having your lights come on when you have your headlights come on is normal, there should be a large diffrence though between brightness when you push the brake and let off.

REDZMAN 07-18-2008 07:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (My1stTiburon @ Jul 17 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I am not even sure if this is where I should be posting this. I bought my first Tiburon last month, I have a 2000. I really enjoy driving it. I live in Minnesota, there are not that many Tiburon's on the road here. Its fun to stand out. It does have a problem. When I turn my running lights / head lights on, my brake lights also turn on. When I do not have my running lights / head lights on, my brake lights work normally. I am hoping that someone here might have some idea why this is happening, and what the fix is. If you have any ideas, please let me know.</div>

Uhm, you couldn't figure out where to post this, so you post it in the section thta has nothing to do about cars at all and is just for asking questions about the site or suggestions on the site?

Exterior maybe?

Bullfrog 07-18-2008 07:26 AM

So why didn't you move it to exterior?

REDZMAN 07-18-2008 08:54 AM

Because he's new, probably wouldn't find it, and I try to leave some stuff for the moderators to do.

UrS0NvS 07-19-2008 08:53 PM

^^^ i would move it bro but i don't have those functions in this area. only people allows are super mods, you, and Java.

Ericy321 07-19-2008 09:02 PM

Ditto.