Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Have You Searched?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Have You Searched?

Lately there have been a LOT of questions from newcomers which have already been answered, and a quick search could have prevented a useless thread being generated. I remember another board I used to frequent (FXTreme?) had a feature that was a minor hassle but seemed a good idea to me: Before it would let you start a new thread, you had to select a box next to a line that said "Have you searched?" with a link to the search function.

n00b questions lately driving me banana.gif

Anyone else think this is a good idea, or am I just being crotchety?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think that you need to make a new graphic rather then using one from another website.

The search function does not work well on the site. The site requires a software upgrade which will put it back to stock. This software upgrade will allow for better searches. The current search function takes too long and only allows for searching of a single forum at a time.

Also, you're being crotchety. This is HA. It's a laid back website and we don't tell ne3bz to search. We just answer questions, or we don't.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ agreed. We exist to provide assistance to our members. We aren't so overloaded that we can't assist in searching and spoon feeding.

After being around for 10 years, you see almost every question asked. I'm sure 90% of technical questions have been answered somewhere, in some way, but new people provide a new perspective.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Exactly! We pride ourselves in being not only the most laid back Hyundai forum, but also the most knowledgeable. Yes, anyone can just do a search, but alot of time when someone is looking for a quick direct answer to a problem, they come to us for help. It would be like calling tech support for a computer problem, and them telling you its been discussed many times and to do a search on Google for it.

Not the answer 90% of people would want to hear. And besides, more content on the site other than just "search" is much better for when the spiders and robots crawl the site and index it. smile.gif
Old 10-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Meh. You youngsters don't know what's good for you. Oh well. It would be nice if the search function could search the whole shebang, but oh well I just <strike>work</strike> post here