Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Race Wars (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/race-wars-89/)
-   -   Tiburon, Accent or Veloster? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/race-wars-89/tiburon-accent-veloster-83353/)

geo 12-06-2017 03:42 PM

Tiburon, Accent or Veloster?

Out of these 3, which do you guys think does the best in auto crossing? The tib is the heaviest out of the 3. I didnt include the genesis because it has a turbo where as the other 3 are N/a (Im talkg about the n/a veloster and not the turbo one). Given that they are all stock with no suspension mods done, how well do you think each would do against the others?

faithofadragon 12-06-2017 05:59 PM

um....

2017 Hyundai Veloster/Curb weight

2,679 to 2,943 lbs

0-60 mph 9.0

1997 Hyundai Tiburon/Curb weight

2,566 to 2,597 lbs

0-60 mph (sec): 8.4

velosters are slow and feel heavy. id give it to the tiburon.

Stocker 12-06-2017 07:45 PM

seconded

Visionz 12-07-2017 06:11 AM

Doesnt the V have better weight distribution though? Could have sworn I read a couple of articles that said that was the case and that's why they do so well in those type of races. :dunno: It's obviously not a 50/50 dispersion since it's a front mounted engine but the balance is pretty good for going around cones from what I understand.

MaverickLC 12-07-2017 06:24 AM

I have right now 1998 2.0 (RD)Tiburon and 2013 1.6 GDI Veloser, and had 2.7 V6 S/C (GK)Tiburon…

On any kind of track Veloster is miles better handling car than RD Tiburon. If comparing it with GK Tiburon that would be close but Veloster have 6 spd manual transmission with closer gear ratios…

…I would pick Veloster :)

187sks 12-07-2017 05:01 PM

Specifically for autocross the Accent would have it.

I autocrossed the Accent and GK V6 SE pretty extensively, chose the Accent specifically because it was quicker on most autocross courses. Occasionally the Tib's extra power was enough to make up the difference, but that was pretty rare. The RD kind of splits the difference, but is neither as planted as the GK in high speed sections nor as tossable as the Accent in tight transitions. I've never autocrossed a Veloster, but the electronic throttle tuning on the ones I drove would hamstring you more than any potential handling advantage, which I doubt exists in this context.

Autocross:

Accent>GK>RD>Veloster

Road course:

GK>Veloster>RD> Accent

frogger 12-08-2017 05:55 PM

The GK is a boat in weight compared to the others. If the Veloster came out as a mid engine, it would probably kill most cars in an autocross.

Visionz 12-11-2017 06:16 AM

I laugh when I do see some local V owners driving their cars like they're WRC vehicles. Last summer, someone wrapped their V around a pole because they tried to get sideways with it, which was a fail all in itself because they realized it's not so easy when you have a FWD car. Havent seen any GC owners drift their cars into poles yet but it's happened.

WRC_Accent 12-11-2017 04:44 PM

Accent > *

JonGTR 12-12-2017 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Visionz (Post 718557)
I laugh when I do see some local V owners driving their cars like they're WRC vehicles. Last summer, someone wrapped their V around a pole because they tried to get sideways with it, which was a fail all in itself because they realized it's not so easy when you have a FWD car. Havent seen any GC owners drift their cars into poles yet but it's happened.

That's because they prefer trees.

Seriously, it happens a lot. Several times in my city.