Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

It's official Clarkson is done on Top Gear

Old 03-25-2015, 06:08 AM
Jpo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Elantra
Default It's official Clarkson is done on Top Gear

http://fullthrottle.new-daily.info/j...ed-by-the-bbc/

They're going to keep showing it though on BBC without him. Ratings will suck for the network now, especially if James May and Richard Hammond leave to join Clarkson on a different show. I dont think Netflix is the best way to go for him but money talks, so if a Netflix show pays him enough, he'll probably do it. I'd like to see him on a network that's more mainstream like TLC or Spike or maybe even Velocity.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Jpo
I'd like to see him on a network that's more mainstream like TLC or Spike or maybe even Velocity.

No. Because a 60 minute show should be 60 minutes, not 40 minutes.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

From the Mr. Ed himself: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...t-on-clarkson/

RIP Top Gear
Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I think Netflix could be a good match. They have the budget to get it done properly. They are subscription based so no worries about upsetting potential advertisers like on network TV.

At this point the best thing we can hope for is that they'll all 3 get to effectively keep making Top Gear, just somewhere else under a different name. I can't say I disagree with the BBC's decision given the circumstances, but I was hoping it would go the other way. I think the odds are good that the current team will continue to make the show elsewhere.