Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture This is an area to discuss anything that has to do with Arts & Cultural items, such as Photography, Paintings, History, Movies, Television, Music, Fashion, etc.

It's been 15 years already

Old 05-27-2016, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default It's been 15 years already

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/25...ary-vin-diesel

he Fast and the Furious is coming back to theaters. While production continues on the eighth film in the automotive action saga, Universal will celebrate the film that started it all with a 15th anniversary theatrical rerelease. The studio announced Wednesday that the original Fast will return theaters for a limited nationalwide run on June 22. You can buy tickets here.

Remembering the first film, the franchise’s longtime star-producer Vin Diesel released an exclusive statement to EW.

“Fifteen years ago my life changed forever. Dom was born… Little did I know back then what that really meant,” he said. “The brotherhood formed with Brian, the love personified in Letty and the sense of family initiated by Mia… It is surreal that this film has held up all the years and led to so much more. Proud of our Fast saga family. From studio to crew, thank you all.”

The Fast & Furious saga has grossed a collective $3.9 billion over the last decade and a half. The as-yet-untitled eighth chapter will hit theaters on April 14, 2017.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSUdZJg3pw

I remember seeing the first one all those years ago in the theater. I'll be seeing it again for the anniversary too.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Yup, saw it in theaters back when I used to see movies regularly in theaters. lol I still watch it a little when I pass by it on tv.

It's funny when I talk to the younger generation who think the movie was a direct depiction of what the scene was like back then.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

In some areas of the country...it kind of was like what the scene was. The old Tekademic and Mischief movies were a REALLY good interpretation of illegal street racing though back in the early 2000's.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

What a great movie. I rented this from Blockbuster and dared I forget to Be Kind and Rewind.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

My dad rented it from Blockbuster when it was first released on video. I remember watching it and thinking the green Eclipse looked AMAZING, lol I was only eight years old though.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Wow...back when our cars were new, a bunch of us from FXTreme went and watched it together. After, we blocked I-5 in San Diego by going 5 abreast across the highway at like 50MPH for some reason that made sense at the time, then (what else) found an unused stretch of street and went street racing.

These days, I would do zero of those things. What a difference (approximately) half a lifetime makes in a personality.