Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   Why Accidents Suck (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/why-accidents-suck-38293/)

Rixshark 08-30-2006 02:17 PM

Your Head + Windshield = Things that only you will understand...

J/k.

Its good that you're still alive. You could have easily broken your neck and either been paralyzed or killed. Now you can explain to people the importance of wearing a seatbelt.

Osv4 08-30-2006 04:15 PM

lol..funny thing..wat about the other car? was it smashed heaps?

Yeah seatbelts have to be worn at all times..here in Aus if u dont wear it and ur a young driver you might aswel cut ur license in half..lol..got into a habbit to put it on..

Mad-Machine 08-30-2006 08:30 PM

well, if you do not like to wear seatbelts, look at it from a performance standpoint, they keep you more planted behind the wheel, so they add to your car control skills. You are not buckling up, you are putting your car on.

Sucks you got hurt, glad you are still with us and it was your sister's truck and not another tib

Dmitry 08-31-2006 02:53 AM

In Ukraine only 5-10% of drivers and front passengers fasten their seat belts. 02.gif

FYI: in some cars airbags DO NOT work when you DO NOT fasten your belt!

And some stupid drivers fasten their belts behind seat, so that there was no annoying buzz or lamp blinking on a dash.

AIR BAG CAN KILL IF NO SEAT BELT IS USED!!!

Korean_Redneck 08-31-2006 10:43 AM

I remember my Brother's Chinese girlfriend was in the back seat unbuckled.. She was messing with my brother in the front seat. I told that b**** to buckle up and that we're not in communist China, so stop screwing around. (Moderators, it's not a racial joke)

Anyways, I don't understand why seatbelts are so uncomfortable. Seat belts are comfortable.

Dmitry, I had no idea that airbags don't work without the seatbelt being buckled!!! How interesting!

homey14h 08-31-2006 10:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Aug 31 2006, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Brother's Chinese girlfriend we're not in communist China (Moderators, it's not a racial joke)</div>
but was it necessary lol? jk
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't understand why seatbelts are so uncomfortable. Seat belts are comfortable.</div>

huh? sadwavey.gif

Korean_Redneck 08-31-2006 11:04 AM

I meant to say "I don't understand why seatbelts are uncomfortable to people. Seat belts are comfortable."

peter_2150 08-31-2006 11:37 AM

I alwas where my seatbelt in cars. I dont understand why you would not.

nihildark 08-31-2006 01:05 PM

I used to never wear a seat belt simply because I just didn't do it. And when I did wear a seat belt I was always very umcomfortable. I have NEVER found a seat belt that doesn't cut into my neck. That and the seat belts in my Tib suck and Hyundai says my car isn't elligible for the recall/repair.

But since the accident I have been better about the whole seatbelt thing. If the passenger side airbag in my sister's truck would have went off I would have been owned, hardcore. I was leaning forward to pick something up off the floor of the truck when the accident happened.

As for the other guy's car, I believe it was damn near totalled. The kid was 15, only had his learner's permit (which here in Wyoming requires the presence of an 18+ person and daylight hours for legal driving), and he took his parents newly purchased '01 Monte Carlo out for a midnight spin with his friends while his parents were out of town. My sister and I stopped at a red light, he was across the intersection waiting for a green to do a left hand turn. Light turned green for everybody, the kid thought he had a green arrow for the left turn and turned right out in front of my sister's just payed off '05 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. Destoyed my sister's bumper, shoved her lisence plate through the bumper which then cut the transmission cooler line and the power steering line. I didn't see the Monte Carlo, buy the police report and insurance company said it was majorly screwed up. The kid ended up with 2 tickets and a night in the slammer.

So, yeah, wear your seatbelts kids, and don't steal your parents car.

Dmitry 09-01-2006 02:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Aug 31 2006, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dmitry, I had no idea that airbags don't work without the seatbelt being buckled!!! How interesting!</div>
Yes, in some cars they do not work, beacause if body/head will reach closer to airbag (like without seat belt buckled) deployed airbag can cause damage or even death.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nihildark @ Aug 31 2006, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have NEVER found a seat belt that doesn't cut into my neck.</div>
Often it's possible to adjust height of the belt. Put it all the way down