Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

where are you now in your career?

Old 07-09-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

It's a big independent, 8 2posts, 30ft drive on(RV's/limos) and 15ft drive on mainly for alignments. Work on anything with 4/6 wheels for the most part, and we do a lot of fabrication.

Only 4 flat rate techs, works not spread thin.

Dealerships around here are too crowded, I like working with just 3 other guys, and owner pays really good if you have all your ase's. Also enjoy the challenge of working on whatever comes in the door, not just one manufacturer.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

We have 30 techs. Only 2 others do the hours I do. Work is definitely not spread evenly. The good guys get the good work. Today I worked on 3 Nissans, 2 Toyotas and a GM. I'm the only guy with a Snap-On Verus Pro, so I get alot of the non-Nissans.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:24 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I'm just chipping away at an engineering degree at the australian equivalent of a community college, and working at whatever jobs I find interesting on the side. At the moment I'm taxi driving but I'm finished with that in 3 weeks, 5 days, and 21 hours. It pays F*CK all, you get treated like dirt, and there is a lot of industry corruption from bottom to top.

I'm currently weighing up whether to shoot for

-Road train licence

-Armored car licence and associated firearms/security licencing

-A lower level cushy security job (manning a lobby or something)
Old 07-22-2014, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Just finished 6 years of pharmacy school in May. I took my boards and became a licensed pharmacist in the state of Arkansas on June 24, 2014. In November of this year I will have 10 years with Walmart. Started as a cashier and moved my way up and into the pharmacy department. Now I have a job at Walmart Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas where I am working with Senior Directors of the Health & Wellness Quality Improvement team at the age of 26.

"Started from the bottom now we're here"
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

damn. I saw you were in Arkansas. That's awesome, congrats