Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   The "what Did You Get For Christmas?" Thread. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/what-did-you-get-christmas-thread-33646/)

ToXiC_LovE 12-24-2005 08:19 PM

So, I know most of you have until later in the morning, but what did you all get?

I'm about to go to work, so I'll add to it in about 10 hours, lol.

brian01tib 12-24-2005 08:45 PM

I got a 4.0 megapixel camera with video also and a 1 GB chip. That was my xmas eve present so Ive tried taking video of my exhaust havent gotten a good one yet still trying to figure a good way to mount the camera in my car.

Tibbychick 12-24-2005 09:21 PM

new carpeting
new furniture
new TV
Dell laptop
paintjob for the tib

...damn Im spoiled. lol

actually I do have to pay my mom back for the paintjob, but for now its a gift cool.gif

Loyen 12-24-2005 09:30 PM

got an xbox...

hehe..my first EVER christmass present.. i don't know how to thank my girl....still don't know..omg.. : )

hyundaijvx 12-24-2005 09:39 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1128337922654

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1122655460797

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1118841875994

If you don't feel like looking at the links it's...

Xbox hard drive
NBA2K6
Madden 2006 (I'm returning it, I asked for it then I rented it and it stinks)

cdubb 12-24-2005 09:59 PM

psp w/ 1 gig card & some games, $500 visa gift card, remote car starter(already got it), fossil watch, necklace & charm, neons & LEDs for my car

97tibby 12-24-2005 10:13 PM

Absolutely nothing.

Maybe 150$...... tops.

I hate being poor/poor families 02.gif

Loyen 12-24-2005 10:28 PM

^^

join teh club...

at least we're not spoiled! lmao.gif

demon_fox 12-24-2005 10:43 PM

just being in the good ole U.S of A. instead of overseas is ggod enough for me. other than that nothing. have to wait till girl gets off leave

hyundaijvx 12-24-2005 10:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (97Tibby @ Dec 25 2005, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Absolutely nothing.

Maybe 150$...... tops.

I hate being poor/poor families 02.gif</div>

It's cool man, we all go through hard times, I remember getting a pair of jeans and a shirt one year. I'm just glad I've got people to celebrate with.

landshark16 12-24-2005 10:58 PM

Lets see. I got some rims!(will post pics tomorrow)Type R Spoiler from Supercow should be on its way. Getting some mulah and a bunch of other misc. stuff like car wax and all kinds of other stuff.

jToIeB 12-24-2005 11:10 PM

I got a rear strut bar off kspec, a leather jacket and some other small things like socks.

KCVoRTeX 12-25-2005 12:26 AM

a pool table
a 33 gallon air compressor and some air tools =) can't wait to put it to some use!

hprockets 12-25-2005 12:30 AM

i got myself ported IM+ bored TB + thermoblok spacers!!

can't wait to install them...hehe

Paler 12-25-2005 03:38 AM

i got a pocket bike

thats so funny to drive laugh.gif

CyberShark 12-25-2005 08:19 AM

Xbox 360 w/2 games
Authentic NFL jersey of Emmitt Smith
$50 gift card for Best Buy
daily organizer
PJ's
shirts

that's it so far

REDZMAN 12-25-2005 09:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brian01tib @ Dec 24 2005, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I got a 4.0 megapixel camera with video also and a 1 GB chip. That was my xmas eve present so Ive tried taking video of my exhaust havent gotten a good one yet still trying to figure a good way to mount the camera in my car.</div>

Ooohhh... What camera? By who? There are lots of mounts out there mang.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loyen @ Dec 24 2005, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>got an xbox...</div>

Now go get Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, then look me up on Xbox Live man. REDZMAN is my gamertag.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark @ Dec 25 2005, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Xbox 360 w/2 games</div>

Look me up on Xbox Live brother. I'll have my 360 next month.

Me? I got...

A nice 8 piece Stainless Steel Bar set.

Serenity Widescreen DVD

Meet The Fockers Widescreen DVD

Assorted Additions to our Dining Set.

Stainless steel draining rack for our kitchen

I'll have to see what else here in a bit. I love to cook though and we needed some new stuff for the kitchen, so lots of it is going in there.

faithofadragon 12-25-2005 09:06 AM

lets see
xbox 360
condemed game for xbox
perfect dark zero
second controller
thats pretty much it i guess

i got the wife:
a chihuahua
pet rent for the chihuahua
cage for the chihuahua
food for the chihuahua
space heater for the chihuahua
special back pack to hold the chihuahua
leash for the chihuahua
2 collars for the chihuahua

next year were not buying our own gifts...stuff like that happens lol

Jay-M 12-25-2005 09:36 AM

My parents went for a vacation and sent me some cash for christmas, that's it for now, still waiting for others

hamhead 12-25-2005 09:39 AM

Hm... I got:

$190 in cash or thereabouts
2 more smaller Jackstands, the ones my Dad has are too big, now I have 4 smalls

My mom also agreed to pay for the header I just bought, which I was kinda hesitant about because I'm older and don't really need $500 Christmas gifts... but I figured I'd take it anyway. tongue.gif

gotspeed13 12-25-2005 09:52 AM

$900 cash and a car jump-start pack. Not really exciting but money is all I usually get because I like to buy my own stuff. But my wife just got a Chevy Avalanche and I bought her a motorized in-dash screen/dvd player and two head rest moniters. I'm hooking it all up tomorrow, I can't wait.

Tiburonmoo 12-25-2005 11:52 AM

I'm getting a steering wheel for my PS2 from my girl and GT4 from my parents. That's about it.

Hobgoblin 12-25-2005 12:16 PM

I got to go to work! YAY fing02.gif

Mad-Machine 12-25-2005 12:42 PM

I got off from work!

I just got some much needed sweaters for Christmas.. as the one in my Family who makes the most amount of money, I had more fun playing Santa for my Nephew and Nieces.

brian01tib 12-25-2005 01:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hprockets @ Dec 25 2005, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i got myself ported IM+ bored TB + thermoblok spacers!!

can't wait to install them...hehe</div>

lmao.gif I got the spacers too (my dad saw them come in the mail wrapped them and paid for them cool.gif)
so Im boring the Im and just gt done wiht the TB. My IM was horribly matched wiht the head (.75 to a cm off) loads of boring to finish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Dec 25 2005, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ooohhh... What camera? By who? There are lots of mounts out there mang.</div>
Kodak easyshare C330 got a nice run in this morning while I was getting numbers for the before and after of the spacers with my Gtech. Hopefully Ill have one by the next autox and get some great video.

supercow 12-25-2005 02:14 PM

I got a new dvd burner for my pc, a new power supply for my modded nes (it's a media center pc now and the old power supply was just too hot), an external dvd-rw drive for the nes to play movies, pair of vans, my parents got us a sony dvd video camera, I built a new pink pc for my wife, magnetic parts tray from my brother, bunch of dvd-r's, some colonge from my sister, framed pictures of my daughter from my other sister.

I think thats about it...

ToXiC_LovE 12-25-2005 03:31 PM

From my family (parents and siblings), I got:

Computer desk (that fits in a corner)
Set of 4 snack tables
Swiffer WetJet with a crapload of refills
Electric can opener
Iron
Pot set (pots & pans, cutlery, knives, cooking utensils, etc.)
Flannel sheets
Box o' fun (it had all of my Avon shampoos and conditioners, body washes, deodorant, etc... a hair dryer, hair straightener, Britney Spears' CURIOUS!!!!!!, etc.)
Bath/kitchen towels
Stackable Nightmare Before Christmas mugs
Nightmare Before Christmas comforter

My gramma gave me $50, Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Mousse Truffles <3333333333333333, and some perfume.

My boyfriend got me a Kinder Goths cat, a body pillow, an Aqua Teen shirt with Meatwad on it that says "The bun is in your mind", and Shadow the Hedgehog (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for PS2.

From people at work (each is separated according to like, which person got what):

Gift basket with mood candles and bath goodies
Gourmet brownie mix
Bath/kitchen towels, silverware, and glasses/cups
Dolphin musical snowglobe
$15 gift card to Target
Set of dishes (plates, bowls, etc.)
Corpse Bride comforter, Corpse Bride microfiber throw blanket, George Forman grill (in PINK!), and some incense

I guess I could say I made out like a bandit. But I'm moving on Thursday, 2 hours from home by myself just for school, so everyone pitched in to help me out. Plus, at least the people I work with, I have been with for about a year and grew so close to.. and I'm going to miss them all. <3

Hope it was great for everyone. <3

hyundaijvx 12-25-2005 09:55 PM

I also got some other stuff today....

LG DVD-RW with LightScribe

Battery Backup

New Sound Card

Play and Charge kit for 360

Woodgrain faceplate for 360

Gorillaz CD

The movies "Cinderella Man" and "Rear Window"

Rocawear Jacket

1600 Xbox Live Points

12+1 month subscription card to Xbox Live

A really really cool framed picture of the Nuzzo Motorsports MINI Cooper

A MINI Cooper model car that looks the same as my car

And my mom said she would order a dozen white tee's from Pro Club Tee's for me. Awesome.

BillyDee01Tib 12-25-2005 11:29 PM

Clothes as usual and the main thing was a Spec Stage 3 clutch for the 240 cool.gif

MK3Design 12-26-2005 09:20 AM

Clothes
Shoes
New computer chair! (no more sitting on a wooden stool,lol)
Movies
PS2 Games
Baby clothes(thats right, Im having a child july 30th)
Best present was a Canon Rebel from my wife smile.gif

Mad_john 12-26-2005 09:40 AM

ahhhhhhhhh girl thats a trip

Electric can opener
Iron

well i got my family and the tibby

Tibbychick 12-26-2005 06:52 PM

I forgot to add today I got:

a new 5 cd changer

$150 from my dad

some more furniture LOL

zoned019 12-26-2005 07:09 PM

about $200
a pioneer stereo receiver (for my speakers i bought like a year ago)
an external hard drive i wanted for the computer
a good dinner and lots of mom's cookies
oh yeah, and the flu 02.gif

miamitib 12-26-2005 09:23 PM

i got an 01 tibby smile.gif

and lots of love from the familia

::miamitib

'treezy 12-27-2005 02:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ Dec 26 2005, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ahhhhhhhhh girl thats a trip
Electric can opener
Iron</div>

Haha, I love it. Sounds like my kind of Christmas...!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>well i got my family and the tibby</div>

No diggity, ...no doubt. Fo sho brotha.

Well, I'm officially pissed. A while back my girlfriend let it slip that she was gonna buy me a very expensive present. Well, I ashamedly...(it's 2am I can make up words), asked her for the money instead of the gift so I could finish my damn school and actually get to come see her this winter. She did so, and all was well.

BUT! She just HAD to show me what it was that she was going to get.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../TorgoenT1.jpg
The Torgeon T1 Pilot Flight Computer

OMFG, the Torgeon T1, one of the most versatile, practical, and applicable flight computer/watches on the market for pilots. I freakin shit my pants when I realized what I had given up. Not only is it sexy as hell(I'd prefer black steel), but it does just about EVERYTHING.

...from finding pressure altitude (really, you can do that in your head easy) and converting it to density altitude, to converting currencies, to simple multiplication and division, to telling the time anywhere in the world, to yea...the list goes on. You can convert any linear quantity into categories such as kilograms to pounds, cm to in, hectopascales to.....ya ..you get the idea. Simply amazing watch.

I hate myself....mad.gif ...and I love her. smile.gif

hyundaijvx 12-27-2005 07:40 PM

I traded in Madden today and picked up Danger Mouse Season 1 and 2, Air Force One, Garden State, The Big Red One, and Cowboy Bebop Remix 1.

draguntib 12-27-2005 08:37 PM

WOw sounds like most of yall had a pretty good Christmas

I got:
$200
Pots and pans
Kitchen stuff
5 disc DVD changer
Toaster
Game Cube (for my son but since he doesnt live with me it stays here)

i know there is more but cant think of it all right now. Overall a good xmas

SwiftTiburon 12-27-2005 09:03 PM

Well without my boyfriend and his family I wouldnt have much of a Christmas, since its just my dad and me now, but I was never spoiled so I didnt expect much. smile.gif

From my daddy I got $50, from his girlfriend i got a hair cut and style + a pedicure at a salon, from my boyfriend I got a Hollister baby tee, a southpole shirt, an animated waterfall picture (which is beautiful), and a cute set from victoria secret, from his parents I got a pajama set and a scrapbook set. From my cousin I got some chocolates and a victoria secret perfume set.

I just got a really nice card for my dad since he doesnt really like gifts, for my boyfriend I got him some shirts and jeans along with the 50 cent ps2 game. For his parents I each got them $50 gift certficates.

I was never spoiled since my family wasnt rich so I didnt expect to get as much as I did this year. I am always thankful though. smile.gif

silvertibbs 12-28-2005 09:30 PM

Normally we get like one large gift and then smaller stuff that we need. Obviously the shaving cream, travel amenities (you know anything that you need when your travelling ie toothbrushes, etc)

Here's my big gift, I got a Treo 650 smartphone. Kinda neat, I've been playing around with it quite a bit just to learn it. Lot's of stuff on it too.

http://www.palm.com/asia/images/prod...treo650_01.jpg

- Family Guy DVD's and the Stewie Movie
- Bunch of shirts for my new job
- NFS Most Wanted (pretty cool game, I love running from the police in that game!!!)
- Nice outdoor down-filled vest

Whole bunch of other stuff too but tough to remember, of course all that chocolate and candy, I'm a big fan of rockets, so a stocking stuffer was a large halloween bag of those babies.

Honestly though, the best part of it all was I only had to be in two spots this year. Normally I'm all over the place. Not this time! I love hanging with the Family too man, it was a great year this year.