Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ten facts you should know about the police state.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6
Default Ten facts you should know about the police state.

Here are ten frightening facts about the police state that you need to know about:
  1. More than 500 American citizens have died after being tased, a device considered “non-lethal.”
  2. The yearly cost of the War on Drugs to the American taxpayer is about $40 billion. The estimated cost to end hunger worldwide is $30 billion yearly.
  3. There are more than 80,000 military raids conducted by police every year in the United States.
  4. There are roughly 2.3 million people locked up in the United States with another 5 million on probation or parole. The overwhelming majority are for non-violent crimes.
  5. UNICOR, an establishment inside the US Federal Prison System uses its confined pool of labor to produce war goods for the US military.
  6. In 36% of US SWAT raids, no contraband of any kind is found after the officers risk everyone’s life and engage in reckless actions that cost lives.
  7. An average London resident is recorded over 300 times a day by Big Brother’s video surveillance apparatus.
  8. The only nation to maintain a higher incarceration rate than the United States is Germany… under the Nazis.
  9. 97% of reported police brutality victims are people of color.
  10. Every 98 minutes, a cop kills a family pet. There have been no recorded officer deaths from a dog in last decade.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

For the people whose browsers don't render the {sarcasm} tag properly, half of these are not serious. Feel free to choose the wrong half, and get bent out of shape for no reason.

1) Tasers don't kill people. Having a weak heart, athsma, falling on your head, etc. after being tazed, kill people. I am guessing probably most of those 500 people would also be dead if they got their asses kicked by the police instead of being tased.

2) We should declare surrender and release the prisoners in this 'war' - but ending hunger is not going to happen because the money you send for it will be going in the gold-lined toilet seats of dictators etc. who would be feeding the hungry people in their countries already if they weren't crooked.

3) Too many raids for arguably too little reason, but zee eenocent haff nathink to feer!

4) "The overwhelming majority are for <snip> crimes." see what I did there?

5) Why can't we put prisoners to work? I don't see a problem with chain gangs farming and tending the landscape along roadsides either.

6) The overwhelming majority of SWAT raids turn up contraband. 36% of SWAT raids needed better intel beforehand.

7) London doesn't count, UK sucks

8) I did nazi that one coming. What is the crime rate per capita of all those other less-incarcerating countries?

9) Maybe 97% have a big chip on their shoulder, make false brutality claims, and resisted arrest to get brutalized!

10) Givvadamn. I don't think a cop should have to be bitten to prove a point about how much he loves your pit bull. There probably weren't any police deaths from falling into a 5 gallon bucket after being hit by lightning either. Why would a cop die from a dog bite?

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
Old 12-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Tasers, rubber bullets, bean bag rounds, etc... are not called "non-lethal". They're called "less than lethal" because they can kill in some circumstances.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Especially when used on pigeons. I want to see 12ga. beanbag vs. pigeon in the yard over my driveway.

Sadly, all I have aside from 00 buck is flares for the shotgun. That, plus the $500 "discharging a firearm in the city" fine.