Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   Spyware (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/spyware-34481/)

mb1604 02-09-2006 12:56 PM

i tried the trial version of ad aware dint do anything. i used spybot search and destroy and it helped. but it logged me out of all sites where i had password rememberd(annoying) but still everytime i use ie or start up my pc i get like 4 popups from freewebs.com how can i get rid of this???

Sparticus 02-09-2006 12:58 PM

do you have a firewall up? that freewebs stuff i believe is coming in from MSN instant messenger. turn on your firewall.

javageek 02-09-2006 01:32 PM

I use Microsofts Anti-Spyware program and have not had any problems since I started using it. Search for a program called Hijack-This and use it to clear out the BHO's (Browser Hijack Objects). Those are what is causing your initial pop ups.

Whiplash 02-09-2006 02:41 PM

Are you using explorer of firefox?

REDZMAN 02-09-2006 03:34 PM

Might wanna go see if any of those popups are coming from a program you installed or the internet did. Go to add/remove programs.

2pacalypse 02-09-2006 03:42 PM

Try Ace Utilities, Ad-Aware SE Professional, Repair Registry Pro and Registry Mechanic.

Also you can use a firewall like zonealarm.

SilentSecret 02-09-2006 05:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2pacalypse @ Feb 9 2006, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ad-Aware SE Professional</div>

bingo^^ (2 browny points) that gets rid of spyware and for free go to download.com and search for it.

if you want a online virus scanner go to housecall.trendmicro.com its free too

if you are geting pop ups its because of something u downloaded and ad aware should get rid of it

faithofadragon 02-09-2006 07:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2pacalypse @ Feb 9 2006, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Try Ace Utilities, Ad-Aware SE Professional, Repair Registry Pro and Registry Mechanic.

Also you can use a firewall like zonealarm.</div>

you dont wanna run multiple firewalls on your computer they can effect each other so keep that in mind

also the last time i used registry mechanic(about a month ago) i got so much friggin spyware it wasnt even funny i was gettin like 8 or 9 pop ups per hour then when i deleted it the popups stopped

get adaware and microsoft antispyware beta and youll be fine
clear your cache and look in add/remove programs like redz said

then after your done with that

restart your computer in safe mode and run adaware and MS anti spy again

2pacalypse 02-10-2006 03:07 AM

^ You are talking about the one from pc tools?

01importshark 02-10-2006 09:21 AM

adaware is the shit..

i like ewido for malware, virus's, spyware and stuff..

f-secure is great virus removal.

get hijack this, and kill all, to kill un wanted programs and remove your BHOs..