Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   Se Rd1, Will It Fit! (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/se-rd1-will-fit-38225/)

sjl01 08-27-2006 12:46 PM

My wifes Tib is an SE model, mine aint, will the center console the part where the hand brake is with the armrest/compartment on her Tib be a straight forward fit or would it have to be modified in any way, i've driven my wifes and it feels more comfy than mine cause i'm one of those guys who likes to keep my hand by the shifter so i rest my arm on it, i'm not going to nick hers, she'd cut my nads off, thinking of looking round the scrappys.

Hive 08-27-2006 01:00 PM

It should be a straight forward fit. Although catlogue numbers at HYundai are different. But since the whole console from RD2 fits RD1 I do not see why the armrest from the same serise but different models shouldn't fit yours. wink1.gif

Why don't you try to take it off and put in side yours just to see if it goes in wink1.gif it should be not more than 1 hour job to take it off try it and then return it back in.

sjl01 08-27-2006 01:35 PM

Thought about doing that, but its a PITA pulling mine , i've got wires under it and a couple of switches fitted to it tucked down by the side of my seat for my neons and led's ,so pulling it and trying my wifes, then pulling hers out to put mine back, then getting an SE one and pulling mine again, you get the picture.

I'm by no means a lazy bloke but like i say it would be a pain in the ass.
Thanks for the suggestion never the less fing02.gif

Hobgoblin 08-27-2006 02:37 PM

it is a direct fit mate. I'm 100% sure, and that IS my final answer. wink1.gif

sjl01 08-27-2006 02:54 PM

What , you don't want 50/ 50 or phone a friend.

By the way Importshark PM'd me today, said he would post the CAI on monday so keep an eye out for it, i appreciate what you're doing for me mate, yeh know ,regarding the shipping to me. fing02.gif

xxxmonoxidechild 08-27-2006 04:11 PM

they swap without issues. and there not as hard as your thinking to swap, litterally takes 5 minutes to yank out the entire center section. theres about 6-8 screws total. and the plugs just unclip. i say swap it once the wife goes to bed just to mess with her.

sjl01 08-27-2006 04:19 PM

lmao.gif
Iknow ,i've had it out to put the blue handbrake gaitor on, now i know they will fit, i'll wait until i get one, my Mrs would skin me alive.

Oh, trying to get a signature to work, but having no joy as you can prob see, please somone remove it or resize it for me before i get AR15firing.gif for it being to big, PLEEEEASE.

Hobgoblin 08-27-2006 08:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sjl01 @ Aug 27 2006, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What , you don't want 50/ 50 or phone a friend.

By the way Importshark PM'd me today, said he would post the CAI on monday so keep an eye out for it, i appreciate what you're doing for me mate, yeh know ,regarding the shipping to me. fing02.gif</div>

nope, no need for those... If you want though, you can poll the audience! laugh.gif

No worries! I'm here to help other people out. fing02.gif

Mad-Machine 08-27-2006 08:38 PM

I have done the swap... no issued except for ONE. Make sure you get the handbrake boot too, or buy one from redz.. the open console's boot is too short compared to the one with the armrest

sjl01 08-28-2006 01:58 AM

Thanks for that Mad-M, i've asked Redz about the boots already, says he won't have any just yet.