Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   One Smokin Gti (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/one-smokin-gti-28708/)

krazykyle 05-14-2005 10:25 AM

I guess there isn't a video's section anymore or I just couldnt find it so I guess this will go here for now.

One Hot gti

This would really suck but I found myself laughing. Music goes pretty good with it. You dont ever hear the people that were in the car so you cant really tell how pissed they are but they just keep filming but im sure that would make my day.
Enjoy

btw if we dont have a videos/pictures section I think we should

CyberShark 05-14-2005 10:29 AM

That sucks. The music was appropriate given the situation

Whiplash 05-14-2005 10:47 AM

Poor guy was so helpless...

Hobgoblin 05-14-2005 11:27 AM

:o I would most certainly cry!

97tibby 05-14-2005 11:40 AM

thats horrible... i would be po'ed..... Was a nice car too. What caught on fire?

albert 05-14-2005 12:15 PM

The fire wasn't fueled by either oil or gas, as either flame would have moved VERY FAST once they opened the hood.

It looks like it started as an electrical fire, then moved on to flammable bits. Had they yanked the battery terminals early on, they just might have had a bit if rewriring to do, and saved the car.

Some rules boys and girls....
#1. ALWAYS keep a fire extinguisher in your car. Make sure it's rated for Electrical and Gasoline.
#2. If it's safe to do so, dis-connect the battery. Cut the terminals, yank em off if you don't have tools, but do it, and do it fast.
#3. LEAVE THE DOORS/WINDOWS/SUNROOF SHUT. No, it won't stop an electrical fire, but it sure would have stopped the secondary burn of all the plastic/interior.
#4. If the fire is in the engine compartment, leave the hood CLOSED. (forget about the battery, it's not safe to go in there)

By opening doors/windows/hood you are giving the fire oxygen. If you leave everything closed, the fire will have to fight for oxygen and it will dramatically slow the progress of the flames. And hopefully give the fire department a bit more time.

#5. Never, ever, ever, stand down-wind of a car fire. There's way too much toxic crap in that smoke from melting plastic, abs, wires, carpet, etc..etc..

FlyRyde 05-14-2005 01:09 PM

Thank you Uncle Tony ^^

gmantibby 05-14-2005 01:48 PM

Would cry too! How sad even if it is a Volks.

01importshark 05-14-2005 03:20 PM

that really blows.. was a nice looking car too.. wow, i would just die..

Tibminn 05-14-2005 05:24 PM

when the fire fighters sprayed it and it went into a ball of smoke first thing i thought of was "its doin a burn out" cept in this case it literally was! haha

CyberShark 05-14-2005 05:39 PM

Hopefully that guy's insurance covered it. If it was claimed as a loss, it might be a good thing but it might not cover the cost of the aftermarket parts that he has.

tuscaniblu3 05-14-2005 06:02 PM

Poor guy. Looked like a nice clean GTI. Sucks to be him.

sharkev 05-14-2005 06:27 PM

what are those guys were thinking?

they dont even know how to use the extinguisher!!!!

ohh man, i never thought that someone who has a GTI was that kind of man...

Mad-Machine 05-14-2005 06:35 PM

The problem with rebuilding a car that burned... the fire tends to warp and change the composition of the steel of the car. Making the car more easily dented, creased, and damaged later on even if you rebuild it perfectly.

And I agree 100% with Random, my first thought when I saw them leave the doors open was "why didn't they close them?" I think that if they had, the most they would have needed would be a new windsheild, dash, and wiring. Oh well, sucks to be them.

CyberShark 05-14-2005 07:49 PM

I found it odd that the guy was more interested in filming the fire then doing anything about it.

albert 05-14-2005 08:13 PM

The fire extingusher they used looked like a home model that was old/lacking pressure. Nothing really seemed to come out of it. It may have been a Halon unit, but it didn't look like it.

Make sure whatever extingusher you keep in your car, that it is rated for Gasoline/oil AND Electrical.

OdessitPashka 05-15-2005 01:22 AM

Wow... makes me wanna cry!!!

1997tibby 05-15-2005 08:53 PM

WOW that sucks, it had to hurt to watch all ur hardwork time and effort go up liktr that.. it least it went up in a BLAZE of glory. I feel really bad for that guy...makes me wanna put a fire extingusher in my car! expecially since i just rewired the whole thing!

Mad-Machine 05-15-2005 08:56 PM

Fire extinguisher was one of the first mods I made.. and yes, it is rated for electrical and fuel.

Kiltman 05-15-2005 09:16 PM

i would cry

Double_A 05-15-2005 11:09 PM

Yea i must say i was feelin for the dude. That has to be one of the worse things to go through. You put so much time, money and pride into what your doing and it just burns away right in front of your eyes/

Viper 05-16-2005 06:30 AM

Fire extinguisher is nice, but I'd rather let it burn out. I'm insured for fire but not for water damage or anything. If I let my car burn to asses I get insurance money, if I'm able to get the fire out but while doing that completely destroy my car because of the fire extinguisher I get nothing.

Still it's safer offcourse. Rather the fire out then my ass burning laugh.gif

I should get a life hammer though, still haven't got one :unsure:

CyberShark 05-16-2005 07:01 AM

I have a friend in a Civic that has had a fire extinguisher for a couple of years now. I always made fun of him as I thought he was trying to be ricey, now after watching that video, I'll take it easy on him.

Mad_john 07-13-2005 08:54 AM

i reposted but make sure you guys are safe

the video says it all

JonGTR 07-13-2005 11:38 AM

I missed this one the first time around. I'm gonna look into getting an extinguisher. shocked1.gif

'treezy 07-13-2005 11:59 AM

I got the impression thwey did this on purpose (why else woul dthey be filming right when the flame satrted and not get all jumpy trying to put it out?).

Hell take off you t-shirt and slap the fire or something. I'm prety sure they planned to do this. To relaxed if it was real...maybe it's the music?

Wut a waste of money though, owell...gave the firmen something to do.