Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   No More Boost... (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/no-more-boost-46331/)

yamaha 01-07-2008 01:07 PM

for a year atleast. Got ya!

I'm just tired of being in debt. From school, to my credit card and personal loan. This is the year I'm finally putting my foot down. As much as I love the Tiburon, being debt free is more important to me. I have alittle over 7,500 to pay off this year, and I'm pretty much hell bent on doing it. The Tiburon would just take up more finances for tires, inspection, and insurance.

Anyone else have the feeling?

capn tibs 01-07-2008 01:20 PM

yeah man, my 3 new years resolutions are - straighten up my credit, straighten up my driving record, and save enough money to put a dp on a house and get into a new house all in this year...that means my tibby isn't gonna get so spoiled like I would love to do

KeWLKaT 01-07-2008 03:56 PM

Did you sell the tib?

01tibby 01-07-2008 04:28 PM

same exact boat as you, i don't have boost, but i have all around things plus some pre-boost parts that i have been thinking of selling off just to lessen the debt burden. im at about 9000.

yamaha 01-07-2008 04:44 PM

Won't sell the Tiburon unless I need to, it's sitting in my grandparents 4 car garage

daafisch 01-07-2008 04:44 PM

Seems like there are alot of people in the same position. Ive got a bunch of stuff from the tib, paintball, computers, and such that i thinking of selling. I think right now im at about $5500 in debt.....damn fun hobbies

SOCKS_old 01-07-2008 04:47 PM

heh, i know how ya feel. im pretty deep in the debt hole, especially after the move down to ABQ

i think i am around 8300 in the hole at this time.

if it was easy and i had the time/patience, I would put my car pack to n/a, sell all my boost parts and call it a day. Although I don’t have enough time/right tools or any of my stock parts to put back on.

HyundaiKitCoupe 01-07-2008 05:15 PM

I can relate. I have an alpine sc that has dust and cobwebs. It would put camrys to shame lol. I will not pay for 93 fuel because gas $ are ridiculous. I want to starve the life out of my car as long as I can because when I get older I won't love, afford, or have time for hobbies. Now the hobby will be with me even when I work.

I'm going to sell the supercharger to a better owner and use my car as the daily/florida driver like I have been using it. Its not worth giving your work of passion up for some pontiac, but corvette yes because then you wouldn't be here writing this smile.gif

DTN 01-07-2008 05:29 PM

I just put on Eibach PROs and KYB GR-2 today... that's my soloution to "lowering my debt".

Ericy321 01-07-2008 05:34 PM

Im doing anything I can to keep my hobbies going and get out of debt. Im selling the RD1 for a cheap accent for now to help with school and then just staying on my payments and doing extra when I can. Im hoping to put a dp on a house by the end of the year. Im done with school in July.