Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New hidden chamber found in Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza

Old 11-02-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default New hidden chamber found in Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza

This is pretty cool news.

CAIRO -- Scientists have found a hidden chamber in Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza, the first such discovery in the structure since the 19th century and one likely to spark a new surge of interest in the pharaohs.

In an article published in the journal Nature on Thursday, an international team said the 30-meter void deep within the pyramid is situated above the structure's Grand Gallery, and has a similar cross-section. The purpose of the chamber is unclear, and it's not yet known whether it was built with a function in mind.

Experts say that builders often incorporated cavities in the pyramids to relieve stress from the overlying stone and avoid collapse, BBC News reports.

The scientists made the discovery using cosmic-ray imaging, recording the behavior of subatomic particles called muons that penetrate the rock similar to X-rays, only much deeper. Their paper was peer-reviewed before appearing in Nature, an international, interdisciplinary journal of science.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/great-p...iza-structure/
Old 11-08-2017, 07:15 AM

Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster

I really enjoy reading about these things. We are still exploring and finding out so many new things today from centuries ago. It's so interesting.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It's incredible that we are able to find such unique applications for particle physics.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

probably the chamber they used to store ben carsons grain
Old 11-09-2017, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

LOL yeah I heard about the Ben Carson grain theory. A friend of my dad's actually knew the guy which is how I heard about it.