Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   My Birthday. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/my-birthday-31292/)

Tiburonmoo 09-05-2005 04:43 AM

So... my birthday is in October and I need to figure out what I want. I know I want something for the Tib but no clue what. I guess I'll start off with what I have...

AEM CAI
BBTB(on it's way I think)
AIRRAM(on it's way)
Should be in the spacer G/B
GT Headers
APEXi Exhaust
Zefiro Turby Turbo Kit(not on yet)
Haloz... inside and out
Good head unit
Sirius
Center bar
B&M SS
Boots from REDZ
Goodridge Brakelines
Dimpled/Slotted rotors

So... as you can see I already have a lot of stuff. BTW, no clear corners as I don't like them and the sound system is being saved until after my paint job in March... same with rims.

My considerations are...
New taillights b/c the ones on the car kinda going kaputz
Rear strut bar
Shift knob or pedals(but which one)

From there I am drawing a blank. Any suggestions? Nothing silly like neon lights or plug wires(don't laugh, it's been suggested). I don't do professional detailing as they are a waste of money since I can do the samething and have fun doing it.

EDIT: no turbo kits and as for price range... nothing outrageous but I'm willing to spend a little cash if I like something. I have a yellow RD2 with interior black/blue. in the future my car will not be yellow anymore and will be changed to black/blue themed.

Dmitry 09-05-2005 05:17 AM

springs, shocks

nitros kit

OzFxCoupe 09-05-2005 05:35 AM

^ Yeah, lower it!

Racing seats? Or even just a short-shifter, maybe.

BTW, what is a "Sirius"?

Tiburonmoo 09-05-2005 05:50 AM

B&M SS = short shifter... sry, should have made that more clear

Sirius is satelite radio.

Springs/Shocks - I like that idea I'll keep that idea in mind definately. Sadly enough it didn't come into my mind until you suggested it.

Racing Seats - I'm happy with the seats in the tib now so I'll save that for later.

Nitrous - I'm not detail oriented enough to have that in my car... I'll blow up.

What about pulleys? Did we ever get all that confusion settled on those?

brian01tib 09-05-2005 07:17 AM

cams, a turbo kit if your feeling lucky with your presents

Whiplash 09-05-2005 08:30 AM

I didnt see any pics of your car, but are the windows tinted? If not then you should do that, along with autostart or something like that.

albert 09-05-2005 10:13 AM

With all of those engine mods, I'd go for an SMT-6 and some $$$ for dyno tuning.

CyberShark 09-05-2005 10:30 AM

Lowering it would be a good idea. It's give your car a more aggresive stance and improve your handling.

REDZMAN 09-05-2005 11:20 AM

TO be honest brotha, after seeing your car and meeting you in person, I'd do the following.

1. Rear SB like you have listed.
2. Get a new Short Shifter (I had the B&M and compared to the others, it sucks!!)
3. Taillights
4. OEM Stainless Pedals. (Full kit from Kspec is like 19 bucks, they look great!)
5. Pick up Supercow's Type R wing he's selling and put it on there.
6. Get your kit and other parts ON.

Your car just needs a bit of SHOW to go with the go that's on there.

BTW, your airram shipped last week, you SHOULD have it any day.

BIGTRE13 09-05-2005 12:46 PM

A set of K-Sport fully adjustable coilovers &/or Eibach Sway Bars front & back.

best money I have spent yet. does double duty as they improve your looks (i mean the car wink1.gif ) and they handle like a champ. fing02.gif