Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   Illegal Team SR Stickers????? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/illegal-team-sr-stickers-8330/)

Visionz 07-19-2001 02:22 PM

Illegal Team SR Stickers?????

*HA HA* okay, this isn't really a flame post..just something I wanted to share. Okay, it's now a little over midnight, and I just got home from out chillin with some friends that have hooked up rides. We were all hanging out in the parking lot of the local pool hall just shootin the sh^t. I'm good friends with the peeps that work there and they didn't care that we were all hanging outside. So, after a while, 3 local cops show up, and tell us that we have to break it up and we can't be hanging out in the parking lot.

One of the guys that was with us, told the cop that management alreadys knew we were out there and didn't have a problem with it. The cop gets out of his car real quick, walks over to the kid, and gets right in his face. He said if he used that tone of voice again with him, he would arrest him on the spot for disorderly contact. My friend that was next to me couldn't help himself and just started to laugh histerically at what the cop said. The cop walks over to him and asks what was so funny. My friend said it was funny how cops sometimes abuse their power. My jaw dropped when he said that. I didn't think he had the guts to say anything like that to the cop after what was going down. So the cop told him to keep it up and see what happens. Anyway, one of the other cops that were sitting there, started to patrol around all of our cars. He ran every single one of our plates, before getting out and coming over to me and told me to turn off my neon, strobes, and to rip off my Team SR and Shark Racing stickers.

I then told him how I was perfectly within legal limits by having my car sit there with the engine off, out of gear, the E-Brake on, and all the lights turned on. I then asked him why I had to rip off the stickers. He said only police, fire, and emergency vehicles are allowed to have light reflective graphics on. So just as I was about to laugh at the cop for this bullsh^t he was telling me, one of the other cops drove over, said they had to go because of something else that was going on, and that was it. The cop that was harassing me told me to take care of it or else next time I won't be so lucky, got in his car, and left.

I sat there laughing my butt off the whole time practically. Anyway..sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my unusual night out. :D

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: 2000Lo&ShowTibby ]

jayv 07-19-2001 11:28 PM

Its so safe to say I love cops....um no.That was cool how your friend was runnin circles around that cop,Its not every day you actually hear bout someone actually standing up for themselves against "johnny law".Any ways Low stand your ground,and tell your friend i said way 2 be. :cool:

JGraham9382 07-20-2001 12:07 AM

ARGH...I have respect for the cops that do their jobs...but I CANT STAND cops that are dicks...

RedShark 07-20-2001 01:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by JGraham9382:
ARGH...I have respect for the cops that do their jobs...but I CANT STAND cops that are dicks...</div>

EXACTLY! I hate cops that abuse their power and that seems just what they were doing. Illegal reflective stickers? Hahha. I've never heard of anything like that before. I had a cop stop me when I had my cavalier to tell me that my windshield banner was illegal. I told him that is was well within that legal limit they set and he went back to the cruiser and came back with a ruler to measure it! I laughed at him when he was wrong. It was funny.. :D :D :D

hyundai jvx 07-20-2001 01:26 AM

Man, one of my good friend's dad is a cop, he is cool, he never stops people for "little things". He figures that something like a sticker too big or something is not as bad as murder, stealing, or something like that, where he could be of more help. Man, power hungry cops are the worst...

Visionz 07-20-2001 01:38 AM

I think the most hysterical thing was the fact that they weren't even Traffic Enforcement. They were DWI Enforcement Officers only. Which I know it doesn't matter what duty a cop does, any one of them can pull you over or give you a ticket for anything. It's just weird how 3 of them all pulled in and did that to us. And even though it was cool by the people that work at the pool hall where we were chillin outside, the cops still tried to make us all leave. Oh well. Like some of you said though, I have nothing against the police. It's just when you get a few of the hard ass ones that are strictly by the book, it kind of urks me a little. rolleyes.gif

tunez4523 07-20-2001 01:49 AM

I have nothing against cops either. :D BTW Lo, I think you just attract attention from the police. You need to be about two feet shorter so you can stay below the "radar". wink.gif

Visionz 07-20-2001 02:19 AM

Tunez...yeah no doubt. It just bugs me that I built my car for show, and there's nothing illegal on it, that I know of, and I still get harassed for it. I know the strobes and neon and all that are illegal, but I don't have them on when I drive. They're strictly for show, and that's the main reason why I built my car. Show purpose. We were all sitting there, mining our business. No one was being loud, and there were maybe 7 of us at the most. We were way back in the corner of the parking lot, so it didn't distract drivers on the main road. From what I've heard though..ever since Fast & Furious came out, alot of cops are being more aggressive towards people that look like they have fast or sporty cars. Don't know how true that is, but it's just something I've heard numerous times around here.

Oh well....as long as I remain a good person and don't do anything illegal, I'm fine. If I get cited for something from the police, I'll research to see if it has any holding in court, and go from there. :D

techcontib 07-20-2001 05:44 AM

Well this is Cali law for ya still don't know????

26708. Material Obstructing or Reducing Driver's View
© Notwithstanding subdivision (a), transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if:©
(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5 inches in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.
(2) The material is not red or amber in color.
(3) There is no opaque lettering on the material and any other lettering does not affect primary colors or distort vision through the windshield.
(4) The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into the eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater extent than the windshield without the material.

There is more in this law but i am not going to post to long.

Random 07-21-2001 09:19 PM

****, according to that, ALL banners are illegal, as I have yet to see a "transparent" banner!