Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   George Lucas Will Donate Disney $4 Billion To Education (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/george-lucas-will-donate-disney-4-billion-education-71060/)

voodoo 11-04-2012 04:27 PM

George Lucas Will Donate Disney $4 Billion To Education

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2067145.html

George Lucas Will Donate Disney $4 Billion To Education

The "Star Wars" director will donate the $4.05 billion he will receive from the sale of Lucasfilm Ltd. to Disney to a foundation focused on education, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

On Tuesday, the Walt Disney Company announced it had paid the huge sum to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd., which produced "Star Wars" and is 100 percent owned by George Lucas himself. Disney also announced plans to release a seventh "Star Wars" film, "Star Wars: Episode VII," in 2015.

“For 41 years, the majority of my time and money has been put into the company,” Lucas said in a statement on Wednesday. “As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy.”

The director has yet to disclose which charity will be the beneficiary of the huge chunk of money. But Lucas currently serves as the chairman of Edutopia, a foundation that empowers innovative coursework in schools. The organization is a likely choice, eonline.com speculates.

Lucas has made other generous donations to show his commitment to education in the past. In a Giving Pledge letter from 2010, he wrote:

“I am dedicating the majority of my wealth to improving education. It is the key to the survival of the human race. We have to plan for our collective future –- and the first step begins with the social, emotional, and intellectual tools we provide to our children. As humans, our greatest tool for survival is our ability to think and to adapt – as educators, storytellers, and communicators our responsibility is to continue to do so.”

Good for him :thumbup: Cant imagine giving away 4 billion, but that is amazing of him to do that.

Stocker 11-05-2012 07:48 PM

Headline should read: Lucas cuts losses due to hit lucasfilm next year with obamas new taxes, pisses $4B down a rathole for a whopper of a tax deduction for this year

OTECTom 11-06-2012 10:07 AM

Political agenda much?

Stocker 11-06-2012 08:12 PM

"realism" you should try it sometime :lol:

OTECTom 11-07-2012 11:31 AM

Last time I checked I was very real. Even if I didn't burst into a thread about George Lucas to make political points that nobody asked for.

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-07-2012 01:22 PM

Political agenda much?

We can bring politics into just about everything lol. Just make up a topic and add a tax to it.

Headline should read: Lucas cuts losses due to hit lucasfilm next year with obamas new taxes, pisses $4B down a rathole for a whopper of a tax deduction for this year

I think the value of the dollar is dwindling and he wants his mo-mo secured abroad. Or maybe he just wants to forget Star Wars and live the remainder of his life on his own Tahitian island ...nude and cave-man-like.

Tibbi 11-07-2012 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe (Post 672165)
Or maybe he just wants to forget Star Wars and live the remainder of his life on his own Tahitian island ...nude and cave-man-like.

Surrounded by 63 nubile concubines who wash his extremities within their cleavage?

Bastards living my dream

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-07-2012 04:27 PM

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Precisely! The way you said that was so technical and gently put like something out of a anthropology research journal, or an informative science or history television program. Very creative imagery so vivacious even Shakespeare could dream that up.

WytchDctr 11-07-2012 05:37 PM

Take 4 billion and give it all to education and its a bad thing? Wow...

OTECTom 11-07-2012 06:26 PM

No chance he just wants to help support education right? No, that couldn't be it.