Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Do you guys think she deserves a manslaughter charge

Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Do you guys think she deserves a manslaughter charge

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/mic...ase/index.html

Judge finds Michelle Carter guilty of manslaughter in texting suicide case

In a case that hinged largely on a teenage couple's intimate text messages, Michelle Carter was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter Friday in the 2014 death of her boyfriend, who poisoned himself by inhaling carbon monoxide in his pickup truck, a Massachusetts judge ruled.

Carter's own words -- preserved in hundreds of text messages presented as evidence over six days of testimony -- helped seal her conviction in the death of 18-year-old Conrad Roy III, Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz said during a 15-minute explanation of his rationale.

"She admits in ... texts that she did nothing: She did not call the police or Mr. Roy's family" after hearing his last breaths during a phone call, Moniz said. "And, finally, she did not issue a simple additional instruction: Get out of the truck."

Carter, 20, cried silently as Moniz spoke. She stood to receive the ruling, which could set legal precedent for whether it's a crime to tell someone to commit suicide.

'There are no winners here'

Prosecutors had argued that Carter sent Roy numerous text messages urging him to commit suicide, listened over the phone as he suffocated and failed to alert authorities or his family that he'd died. The judge agreed.

I'm unsure of it.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

flip the gender and see how you feel about it. when i asked a couple friends to do this they changed their mind as to if she deserves manslaughter or not.

"man coerces teenage girlfriend to commit suicide"

then realize she pushed him to do it because SHE WANTED PEOPLE TO NOTICE HER AND GIVE HER ATTENTION

she pushed him to do it and even listened to him as he did it but didnt call the cops.

in fact, she messaged a friend the following after it happened pretending to be some sort of victim.

CARTER: And that night I knew he was going to do it and a part of me thought he wasn’t going to like always but when he stopped talking to me on the phone, like, I knew he did it, and a couple of days before leading up to it I guess I kind of let him do it. I started giving up because whatever I said I knew I couldn’t change his mind so we talked about it and about how I’ll take care of his family when he’s gone and all of that.

Like, to him it seemed like I was okay with him dying but I wasn’t. Like, I didn’t think he was actually going to do it, you know. Like, I said stuff to make him realize how stupid he was being and I tried to convince him not to but I think I just made it easier for him?

I knew he was in the Kmart [expletive] parking lot. I knew he was going to use the generator to inhale carbon monoxide. I knew it all. But I didn’t think he would actually go through with it or that it would work, and that’s why I feel like it’s all my fault because I knew what he was going to do but I didn’t call anyone to stop him.

It’s just hard because, like, I was the only one that knew and I, like, said yesterday everyone talks about how they wished he had someone to talk to and told what he was feeling to and I was that person so I’ll always feel guilty about it.

Like, I’m the reason everyone was in that church yesterday. But you’re right. He was just going to do it another time and I’m thankful for talking about everything we did know knowing he was going to die. It’s just you think I’m a bad person for doing what I did?

b*tch you told him to get back in the truck after he had second thoughts. burn in hell c*nt.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

I hope she gets the max too. Shes an evil b*tch who knew what she was doing. I have no sympathy for her.