Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic Cafe (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/)
-   -   Auto Shipping (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/off-topic-cafe-16/auto-shipping-33796/)

REDZMAN 01-05-2006 09:25 AM

Since I can't seem to get any help getting the RD1 that I'm buying in Las Vegas Nevada fixed, I've got to find some way to get it out here to Albuquerque so I can fix it and have a car for the wife.

I've gotta get this car back here, but I'm trying to find an affordable option.

The front wheels need to stay off of the ground because of the axle.

What I need to know is how have any of you shipped cars before?

What companies did you use?

What were prices and approximate distance?

Any other suggestions?

faithofadragon 01-05-2006 10:08 AM

since you cant get any help?

i offered to help ya like 2 weeks ago!!!

seriously mang your best bet would be to ask aj's parents to have it towed to a dealer they fix it and either me and you or you and lizgiggles pick it up

shipping cars is friggin expensive

Sparticus 01-05-2006 10:12 AM

find someone w/ a pick up truck and a tow dolly.

if you know someone w/ an RV, then they prolly have a dolly and could help ya out.

REDZMAN 01-05-2006 10:25 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jan 5 2006, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i offered to help ya like 2 weeks ago!!!</div>

I know you did doode, but the car is still there, still broke, and I still gotta get it. It's not your fault.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>seriously mang your best bet would be to ask aj's parents to have it towed to a dealer they fix it</div>

I don't have their number or anything. AJ isn't talking to them. I also highly doubt they will pay to have it towed and then pay for the repairs. Would YOUR parents pay to have your sons broken car towed, repaired, and hope that their son's friend pays them back when he comes to pick it up? It was supposed to be repaired first, but that fell through.

Again, as I said, I can't afford to have it repaired there and need to move it here and do it myself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>shipping cars is friggin expensive</div>

I know. That's why I started this thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus @ Jan 5 2006, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>find someone w/ a pick up truck and a tow dolly.

if you know someone w/ an RV, then they prolly have a dolly and could help ya out.</div>

Don't know anyone here with a pickup truck other than my Apartment Manager. He's gay, and an asshole, so that's not happening.

I don't know anyone with an RV.

faithofadragon 01-05-2006 10:54 AM

wait i just remembered hyundais warranty is 5 years for some reason i thought it was 10 for towing

hmm

well ill ask around the dealership here ask how they do it

ok here is your best bet i was told
call up las vegas auto auction and ask if anyone is shipping any cars to albuquerque ask how much it would be to add your car to that truck then have it towed to your house from whatever dealer is gettin cars from there

Jaws021 01-05-2006 11:21 AM

what needs to be done?

and exactly where in vegas is it?

If you just need to switch an axle.. do it yourself mang..

faithofadragon 01-05-2006 11:25 AM

its in vegas
the axle wont stay in the tranny aparently it popped the clip and when it was to be replaced the axle wont go in the trans all the way

supercow 01-05-2006 11:45 AM

http://autotrans.fedex.com/ate/default.html

try getting a quote there. I tried doing a regular car one but it wouldn't let me since the car isn't operational.

Dmitry 01-05-2006 11:53 AM

I think it's possible to pull the car with 4 wheels on the ground. Just put CV joints (wihout shaft between joints) in wheel hub and in the tranny.

In tranny so that oil do not leak.
In hub so that wheel bearing do not went bad.

REDZMAN 01-05-2006 01:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jan 5 2006, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>call up las vegas auto auction and ask if anyone is shipping any cars to albuquerque ask how much it would be to add your car to that truck then have it towed to your house from whatever dealer is gettin cars from there</div>

I'll look into that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021 @ Jan 5 2006, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what needs to be done?</div>

Same tib man, it needs the drivers axle back into the tranny and filled with fluid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>and exactly where in vegas is it?</div>

On the East side of town up by the Temple.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If you just need to switch an axle.. do it yourself mang..</div>

1. Never done it at all.
2. Don't have much time to do it when I get there.
3. ABQElantra and Tiburonmoo tried for like 3 hours to get it back in and it's not going.
4. Don't really have a place to do it. It's in his parent's front driveway.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Jan 5 2006, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think it's possible to pull the car with 4 wheels on the ground. Just put CV joints (wihout shaft between joints) in wheel hub and in the tranny.</div>

Yes, it's possible, but I have nothing to pull it with and you can't rent a van or truck and tow with it. You can rent a Uhaul and trailer, but that's almost 600 bucks.