Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   North America (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/north-america-251/)
-   -   End of the world party - Dec 21, 2012 - WA state (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/north-america-251/end-world-party-dec-21-2012-wa-state-65049/)

187sks 12-08-2011 01:47 PM

End of the world party - Dec 21, 2012 - WA state

Link to FB event

I'm opening this event up to my Hyundai brethren here on HA. I would love to see some of you make it out. It is going to be a pretty awesome party and I would like it if everyone that can come shows up!

End of the world party. In the Olympia, WA area. I will pick people up at the Seatac Airport.

Conveniently it's a Friday. I fully intend it to be a weekend long party however. You are welcome to come early or stay late, just let me know.

It's been said many times by many people that the best place to be if the SHTF would be my house. Might as well be here having fun just in case. If enough people are coming I will try to arrange for the party to be in a bunker or other secure venue in the area.

This party should be big. Invites are going out more than a year ahead of time to allow people to make plans. I would love it if some of my more distant friends will be able to make it. I will arrange for accommodations for everyone.

I will have "just in case" supplies for if the party ends and we find ourselves in a Post-Apocalyptic wasteland.

Hope to see you there! Let me know if you have special requests or ideas that would make this great!

iheartmyredcar 12-08-2011 07:36 PM

woot! We will see what im doing next december! :)

wheel_of_steel 12-08-2011 08:02 PM

My state code is WA too! Can I come?

Sounds fun. What SHTF stuff do you keep?

187sks 12-08-2011 09:10 PM

You are more than welcome.

Lots of guns and ammo. Fair amount of general survival gear. More than anything though experience and knowledge. Hunting, fishing, gathering, and farming skills would be particularly useful after TIDO. Mindset and armament (along with lots of luck) would help to get through TIDO.

wheel_of_steel 12-08-2011 09:26 PM

How dense is the population in your area? Roaming gangsters might become a problem.

Also, I'm fairly proficient in fieldcraft and survival.

187sks 12-08-2011 10:45 PM

Population density...I would describe it as suburban. But I live near enough to walk to very remote areas.

wheel_of_steel 12-08-2011 11:51 PM

Excellent. The house is a good base to start off with, but I'd probably look at moving to a more rural location eventually. Houses require infrastructure to run properly, and are easier targets.

turbosocks 12-09-2011 11:35 AM

store up on LOTS of concrete to build a 'vault' bunker for that moment..

damn, i sure wish I could come to this. would be an epic blast (hopefully no pun intended) haha

187sks 12-09-2011 12:25 PM

You should so come to this Socks.

I have considered having a bunker built. I do my own engineering and I work with concrete companies, I could get it done cheaper than almost anyone else could.

nos4atu 12-11-2011 10:13 AM

Deeply debating making the trip for this. Sounds like fun!