Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Zex Dry Kit (75 Shot) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/zex-dry-kit-75-shot-48007/)

Zex Tibby 05-10-2008 05:28 PM

I am running a 75 dry shot on my 98 Tiburon FX 2.0 and I have nothing but an air filter and an exhaust. It does kinda feel laggy cuz of the less fuel to air. I do have a 95 Talon Tsi and I heard the injectors and fuel pump would fit on my car and would fix my fuel needs. I am planning on turboing the car soon so that makes a bigger need for more fuel so I probably need to go a lot bigger than stock. I only want to boost 8-9 psi so it's still streetable because I drive 50 miles to and from work. So what size injectors do you think I need? I'll probably get rid of my nitrous when I get the turbo but I'm gonna keep it for now smile.gif

Ericy321 05-10-2008 07:03 PM

The injectors on your TSi are low impedance and the Tiburon uses high impedance so they wont work without modification. The pump will work.

REDZMAN 05-11-2008 11:40 AM

Just an air filter and a full exhaust is why you are having some laggy issues.

Try opening your intake some more. How bout a CAI, BBTB, and a BIM?

Zex Tibby 05-11-2008 12:28 PM

I'm gonna try to get a CAI in a week or so so I hope it helps. Any brand better for more airflow?

DTN 05-11-2008 03:13 PM

How do you have the nitrous fuel tuning done? The MAF sensor cannot tell the difference between air and nitrous, nitrous contains 33% oxygen, air contains 21%. How did you increse the fuel consumption?

tdonnell 05-11-2008 04:08 PM

Nitrous is an oxidizer, it makes the fuel burn faster so you need more to prevent running lean toward the end of combustion (I think). But you definately need to be adding fuel somehow with a 75 shot!

I think 290's might be ok for 8-9 psi, but I'm not positive.

DTN 05-11-2008 08:20 PM

Also, you should look at retarding your cam timing if you are running a 75shot. I run a 55 shot because that's as high as you can go without an adjustable cam gear. They recommend 4 degrees retard for a 75 shot.

Denisst99 05-11-2008 08:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Also, you should look at retarding your cam timing if you are running a 75shot. I run a 55 shot because that's as high as you can go without an adjustable cam gear. They recommend 4 degrees retard for a 75 shot.</div><

cam timing and IGNITION timing are very different...

cam timing isn't related to nitrous at ALL

Zex Tibby 05-12-2008 06:33 PM

I have no tuning for anything. I have my jet placed after my maf sensor exactly 8 inches away from the throttle body. It's a very simple kit. It came with the Zex box for whatever I forgot, but it didn't work so I don't use it.

tdonnell 05-14-2008 02:34 PM

I do believe the zex box is for fuel? I may be mistaken though.

Either that or it's for activating nitrous whenever you go WOT.