Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Why Don't You Have Nitrous???

Old 05-25-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Just post your reason. I want to hear it EVERYONES reason.

It's a very easy mod to install and will give you anywhere between 180-210whp. You will see anywhere from high to low 14 second 1/4 mile times. I ran a 14.1@99mph with a 60 shot.
It might not be there all the time, but at least you can wax most of the cars on your local streets.
Like Random's post said, we want Hyundai to get out there and create some competition. I would love to see threads on other boards saying "A Tib just kicked my arse!"

So:

Is it because you can't afford it?
You can buy a used one off ebay for around $300 or less. I bought my NX kit for $350 shipped and it came with a 15lb bottle upgrade.

Is it because it's illegal on your streets?
Well, that's a good reason, but how many cops have searched your cars after getting a ticket? You can easily take the bottle out during the week and put it back in during the "track" sessions.
I can't be certain about your laws, but around here, it is only illegal if you have the nitrous hooked up. So disconnecting the nitrous line from the bottle is the only thing you need to do.

Is it because you are affraid of it?
Nitrous is VERY safe. I'm not going to go into it right now, but you can read about it more in other threads, or create your own.

Is it because you are affraid to install it?
What if I, or the rest of us experts, gave you our phone #'s. That way you can call us at any time during your install, and you will always have someone "at your side". You will have no problems installing it, and it will only take you a few hours, not even a full day like some claim. It doesn't take any special tools and I'm sure it can be done in your apt. complex. If not, just go to an abandoned parking lot and do it. tongue.gif
Old 05-25-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont want it to **** my car up
Old 05-25-2005, 07:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

For me personally the reason I didn't install nitrous was I was confused about the build up to get my car where it could handle it. If you could look at my mods and tell me what I should do before running nitrous that would help. Maybe a DIY on how to build up a stock 2.0 Tib/Elantra to run a 75 shot of nitrous would help everyone out.

Here is what I have:

AEM CAI
SSA 4-1 Headers
OBX Underdrive Pulley
Magnecor Wires
Apexi N1 Catback Exhaust
Apexi SAFC2
Splitfire Oil Pressure Gauge
Splitfire Oil Temperature Gauge
AEM UEGO Wideband - On the Way
RSide AirRam IM - On the Way

I think alot of it has to deal with people getting confuse. I often hear get one or two steps colder on the plugs, get this, get that. Maybe if we had a list of part numbers, etc.

Great post by the way!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:31 AM

For a 50 shot or less:
NGK #BKR6E plugs ~$1 each.

That's it, no other aftermarket mods needed. Not even a filter. This is the low, easy, and SAFE power that will get you 14 second 1/4 mile times. This is mainly what I would like to see everyone doing so that the Tibs can be very well known.

For a 60 to an 80 shot:
Eclipse GST Fuel Pump ~$25 used
NGK #BKR7E plugs ~$1 each
Clutch ~$250-400 (psst, don't buy Spec)

It is STILL safe, only this will get you LOW 14's in the 1/4 mile. The fuel pump is also very easy to install and I can help with that too. Takes less than an hour. I could help with the clutch, but I would recommend you have some experience though.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:37 AM

With the 50 shot, is that on a STOCK Tib or one that is slightly modified I/H/E?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:41 AM

You DO NOT need any kind of mods, other than NGK plugs, to run a 50 shot.

I was running an 80 shot Direct Port with only a K&N filter.

I'll also be on CHAT during the day for questions. http://www.rdtiburon.com/flashchat/flashchat.php
Old 05-25-2005, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I don't want to run nitrous cause it's not constant power. Only at WOT and with pressed button.

How long can you run on 1 bottle, lets say with 50 shot?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 AM

Most systems do not require you to press a button. They are activated at WOT by a micro switch or the TPS.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i'm not interested because it's not power thats always there and because it only legal on the track and there is no track around here... well at least for a couple hours.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I don't have nitrous because I want to have power ALL the time, not just on the track. I'd rather spend that money saving for another N/A mod or going in my turbo fund.