Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Random Please Help *NOS* (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/random-please-help-%2Anos%2A-2414/)

dc1238 03-12-2002 11:53 AM

Random Please Help *NOS*

Reandom ...or anyone thazt may know off hand,

I want to install the zex 55hp NOS system into my 1999 accent. i have the 1.5L 5-speed and i was wondering if i do it is it just gonna explode or not?..i know it has the managment system with it so i dont use it until full throttle but im unsure how my rings are gonna hold up..same goes for pistons and such...any advise would be greatly appriciated
Dave

FordFasteRR 03-12-2002 12:44 PM

rEAndom is busy...

let me help..

your engine will not blow up with a 55 shot.

Your piston rings will be fine... your valves, head gasket and your pistons will melt before the rings do (god damn fast and furious movie is full of SH*T!)...

and before you ask, your intake manifold will not blow up either.

just install the kit following the instructions properly.. and DONT use more than 55 shot with your stock fuel pump...

good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FordFasteRR 03-12-2002 01:29 PM

and for anyone who may be wondering, the 2001 and up beta's with the MAP system have the FPR integrated into the fuel pump.. so the dry kit breed of nitrous systems will not work on these cars...

can anyone say " WET SYSTEM !" ???

dc1238 03-12-2002 01:51 PM

so as long as i do the install correctly and dont abuse the system i should be fine or should i be a little weary of doing this mod?

MAXXTIB 03-12-2002 02:24 PM

My Tib is a 2001 beta and my regulator is right under the hood and the zex kit works great for me.

hawaiibullrider 03-12-2002 04:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>MAXXTIB:
My Tib is a 2001 beta and my regulator is right under the hood and the zex kit works great for me.</div>Your Tib is MAF. He is mentioning the 2001 up elantra and the 2003 Tibs which all share engines.

Random 03-12-2002 04:56 PM

When comes to Nitrous, Brendan would probably be the better person to answer this question, but i'll give it a shot.

I'm not 100% of the capacity/capability of the accent fuel pump and fuel injectors.

We would need to know that information before knowing what is a "safe" dry nitrous shot and what is not.

FordFasteRR 03-13-2002 12:21 AM

well, maybe its a newer one or something, i've been trying to find the FPR in the HMA but i cant..

then i found a part that says the regulator is integrated to the fuel pump so if it breaks the entire fuel pump needs to be changed...

strange.

hawaiibullrider 03-13-2002 12:52 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>FordFasteR:
well, maybe its a newer one or something, i've been trying to find the FPR in the HMA but i cant..

then i found a part that says the regulator is integrated to the fuel pump so if it breaks the entire fuel pump needs to be changed...

strange.</div>haha, I must be one of the few who knows about the fpr integration on the newest beta. smile.gif See fordfaster I told ya it was part of the pump. Now all I got to do is figure out how to get the pump out of the tank. I am assuming there is a compartment somewhere inside the car since I didn't see anything o get to the top of the tank from inside the trunk. frown

Armenia11 03-13-2002 02:23 AM

try under rear seats