Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Nitrous Question (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/nitrous-question-32211/)

cdubb 10-13-2005 07:37 PM

What horsepower gain are you looking at with a 50 shot of nitrous on a stock tip? Well throw in a cold air intake and a aftermarket muffler... What is the hp gain going to be??

hamhead 10-13-2005 07:50 PM

50 shot = 50whp... no matter which way you look at it. A 50 shot on a Corvette is still 50whp.

cdubb 10-13-2005 07:56 PM

Thanks ham..

Thats quite a bit of hp....How much does a nitrous installation run?? And is that boost a huge difference?? I'm thinking about getting a kit for my tib, but i am just a little cautious because i dont want to screw up my engine or anything. So if i could get as much information on nitrous as possible, that would be very appreciated.

OdessitPashka 10-13-2005 08:01 PM

Actually it depends on the kit you are using. Some of them rate it at the flywheel.

cdogtibby1 10-13-2005 08:12 PM

haha cdubb u are from chillicothe ohio... im from chillicothe missouri!

personally... nitrous is not a great way to go in my opinion. yes it gives you a hp boost but for an inexperienced driver it could mean boom, bye bye engine. you dont need nitrous unless you are at the track quite often. dont buy it and use it on the street... it will just get you killed.

hamhead 10-13-2005 08:16 PM

Bleh well yea, I always recommend NX which rates them by whp.

As for nitrous being dangerous on the street, nah... its actually a nice alternative if you wanna push it a few times a month, but don't want to invest in a full F\I setup. Start with a smaller shot and work your way up to get comfortable with it.

If you don't feel comfortable installing it, don't do the install yourself. With stuff like this, if your hesitant about doing it yourself, means you shouldn't do it.

cdubb 10-13-2005 08:22 PM

haha...I didn't even know there was a Chillicothe Missouri..

But the main thing i want nitrous is for pretty much show off...I wanna get a purge kit for it...

but yea...ill use it a couple times here and there...but im not going to be going nitrous crazy

brian01tib 10-13-2005 08:22 PM

Yea 50 whp is a huge difference. Dont get the muffler, but def get a AEM cai and thats about 10 whp (dont argue over these #s again lmao.gif )

JonGTR 10-14-2005 05:58 AM

You'll barely feel a 35 shot hit, but a 50 is noticeable. A 65 will break your tires in 2nd gear.
I've done all of them on the street and gained almost 2 seconds in the quarter with the 65. I went from a 15.9 with intake and crank pulley, to a 14.1 with the 65 shot.

Jaws021 10-14-2005 12:11 PM

Ive done a 100,... you piss in your pants with that..
nitrous is VERY addicting... beware.