Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Interior, Sound, Security (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/interior-sound-security-14/)
-   -   For those of you with the triple pod pillar (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/interior-sound-security-14/those-you-triple-pod-pillar-22079/)

Dweet 10-29-2004 10:23 AM

Re: Powder Coating ???'s

Whoever was in that GB for the triple pod pillar and actually got theirs installed.. how did you do it? does it fit over the stock pillar or is it a replacement. I need details.. thanks smile.gif

javageek 10-29-2004 12:14 PM

Re: OZ-BBTB

Its a replacement. Remove the old pillar, wire up your gauges but leave them out, stick the bottom of the pillar in and push it up in. Then screw in the screw that you access through the middle gauge pod, put your gauges in and your good to go. It's kind of scary when you first install it, but it'll be allright.

Dweet 10-29-2004 12:32 PM

Re: For those of you with the triple pod pillar

i dont see how i can get it in there without taking the dash off and the plastic part of the interior near the ceiling behind the driver's seat out..

silvertibbs 10-29-2004 12:54 PM

Re: to everyone with a veilside kit & suspension...

Believe me it comes out. As soon as I get my gauges from the Splitfire GB I'll show you what I did. I made my own.

Pop out the clips above the door, and where it bends down to the pillar.

Then pop the rest out from there. With the middle ones out first you should be able to bend the whole piece enough to get the end out from behind the rear side-window surround.

Then just pop out the remaining ones and it's out. You can bend it pretty good. I've had it out above 7-8 times now.

Dweet 10-29-2004 01:07 PM

Re: to everyone with a veilside kit & suspension...

ahh read.. i can get the stock one out.. because it bends... but its obvious that fiberglass doesnt bend.. thats why i said i couldnt get it in

javageek 10-29-2004 01:22 PM

Trust me, you can get it in there without removing the dash. The pucker factor kicks in, but you will get it in there without breaking it. laugh.gif

Dweet 10-29-2004 01:40 PM

Re: where can i find a cheap turbo

if i break it you owe me a new one.. ok smile.gif

javageek 10-29-2004 01:44 PM

Uh, no way dude. laugh.gif It's scary but that's how the guy that did the GB said to do it.

01tibby 10-29-2004 08:43 PM

Re: installing guage faces..HELP!

webtech says you need to remove all the interior panels, even the rear seats. thats what i did when i took out my a-pillar panel to wire up my radar detector. prolly didnt have to, it was A LOT of work. it might behoove you to do it with fiberglass though.

the bottom of the pillar should slide right in between the dash and pillar. take the stock one out and put it back in, you will see.

javageek 10-29-2004 08:46 PM

All I removed was the stock A pillar. I pulled the part the stock A pillar goes behind loose so I could slide the A down in though.