Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

my stereo stuff is in the mail

Old 12-13-2001, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my stereo stuff is in the mail

here is what i ordered so far.

MB Quart RSC 6.5 Component Set
2 12" JL Audio W3 d4 subs.

im going to order.

Rockford Fosgate Punch 800a2
Rockford Fosgate Punch 400a4
Rockford Fosgate Digi Cap
Streetwires.

Now i already have a nice sony deck. anyone know of any really good indash dvd lcd players? im not to familiar with them.

does this sound like a good setup. oh and i need some 6x9 but i havent decided yet. all this is going to cost over a grand!

never thought id spend this much on a system but hey. nothing else to do to my car. opinions?
Old 12-13-2001, 01:24 PM

Not a bad choice on subs. and amps, but the Rockford 800.2 is not a sub amp, it an speaker amp. My suggestion is the Rockford bd500.1 amp. Parallel the 2 subs to get the maximum RMS out the amp. As for 6X9 get some Alpine SPR's series that's what i have in the back. The Amps i like ar the JL Audio line, they are easy to hook up no terminals to crimp, just 1" of bare wire goes in the hole and get tighten down witha screw!

It always ends up like that, you spend more than you originally had intended.

-alex-
Old 12-13-2001, 02:23 PM

Whoa time to intervine here. The 800.2 is a sub amp just not a competion one the mono block is a competion sub amp as is the 1000.1 I am running the 800.2 to power three JL's and I am hitting 149.6 I plan on upgrading to the 1000.1 so I can go deaper in competion maybe even to the finals (who knows rolleyes.gif ) but as far as the JL amps go compared to the RF amps both have screw down terminals you just stick the wire in and turn the alan screw down but for the time being at least this year I would shy away from the JL amps they are having some problems with there amps cause this is the first year they are making them and RF is already established and when you put them head to head the RF gives you about 5 watts more power for the dollar ( price will go down but they need to make up for the introduction of the new product line)5 alone isn't alot but if you add it up your looking at a big power difference. Don't get me wrong the JL amps are not bad by any means but for right now they are still being tweaked. Also Long MB Quart makes a really nice 6x9 sorry I didn't mation it before but that is another avenue to persue
Old 12-13-2001, 10:38 PM

Jaws99, what particular kind of problems does JL amps have? I'm interested to know?

-alex-
Old 12-14-2001, 12:52 AM

They are overheating, going to into overload protection for no reason or because of the overheating and going from high to low volume without warning. We got a sheet from JL themselves stating this so when a customer comes back with any of these problem to return the amp without question and they will reimburse us for the amp cause they know it's their fault. Again I never said they were a bad amp but just like anything new the kinks have to be worked out.
Old 12-14-2001, 07:45 PM

Jaws99 obviously you run a shop, what makes ao car audio do you sell, I'm interested in getting a few more bits(maybe some distribution)
I have Phoenixgold/JL/Nakamichi stuff at the minute.
You couldn't give me an idea of prices(not shipped) so I can compare with cost here in the UK.
For example I paid GBP800(US$1150) for a titanium Phoenixgold EQ232.

Thanks
Barry.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:17 AM

JL, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, Kenwood, JBL, MB Quartz, JVC, MTX, Eclipse, and Sony also a bunch of companies for wires and caps.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:18 AM

Sorry as far as comparison in price you would have to tell me what you want (model number, brand, etc...) and I'll let yopu know.