Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

i finally have a stereo question!

Old 12-06-2001, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i finally have a stereo question!

ok. how do you guys like infinity perfect kappa? i was thinking

2001 infinity kappy 6x9
2001 infinity kappa 6.5
2000 infinity kappa perfect 12.1

or should i just go for some jl audio w6? i really only want one sub, some good speakers, and a couple of good amps. i dont really care about being the bomb. i just want a nice sounding clear bumping system that would also add some nice flavor to my trunk. suggestions?
Old 12-06-2001, 11:44 AM

I have the Infinity 6.5 components with the tweeters. I got them becaiuse the shop recommended them. I was going for eclipse speakers to keep it all one brand, but they were damn expensive, and they sounded real similar..
Old 12-06-2001, 02:17 PM

Well, Long it all depends on your preference in the sound quality. With the Infinities I feel that they are really bright (meaning the highs are very dominate) with not that much mid bass but on the other hand they are very efficient. Not saying Infinities are bad the Kappa's are a great line but that is my only complaint with them. I have installed and sold many speakers and the best I have found for all around sound quality, durability and efficency are MB Quart with the competion x-overs for 6.5 componet setup and Memphis Pro Audio 3 way 6x9's or you could put a plate in to house another set of 6.5 components in the 6x9 hole remeber I said the MB Quartzs with competion x-overs which is an extra $150 a set but if your willing to spend the money for Kappa's I feel this is the way to go I suggest this setup to customers at Circuit City if they want a high end setup even though we can get Kappa's and don't carry the other 2 (great for buisness I know lol) but I'd rather give my honest opion than have them come back in two months unhappy. As far as the sub goes again I feel the same not alot of clarity but very efficent I would go with the JL due to the small amount of space it takes up, longevity and clear, percise sound. Again these are only my suggestions and the choice is all up to you of course.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:40 AM

hmmm. damnit. i hate this. coming up with a good reliable and bumpin system on a budget is hard. i dont really have a budget. not like im broke but i dont want to spend buku money on something that really doesnt make a difference.

mb quart 6.5 component system? cool ill look into em. the only reason i said infinity is because one of my boys said he really likes em.

i listen to all types of music. dance, rap, screw, all of it. i want a system that would play all the music well. not the best on one but better then average on all. i always here good things about jl audio so i guess im going to head that route.

as far as the 6.5 and 6x9, the stock ones are fine with me but i guess ill do more research on those. thanks guys

anyone here ever use jl is w3 good enough for should i go w6.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:55 AM

Ther are a whole bunch of JL's w0, w3, w6, etc, etc ,etc but the w3 is fine it just has a different size magnet and the ohm load is different the w0 or w6 but that choice is a good one they take up almost next to nothing in space too.
Old 12-08-2001, 11:47 AM

for subs go with jlw3d4 size depends on what you want, and the ohm config on w3 is nicer then w0,w6, compont use the mb's, as far as 6x9 goes get something with a two way to make up fill noise in the rear, amps rfbd1000.1 for the subs if you run 12's,for the rest something 4 channel around 400 to 600 watts, and where can you get this all cheap EBAY heah ebay go there and see
Old 12-09-2001, 02:40 AM

In my 01 Tiburon the stereo system I have in my car are: upfront 6.5 Alpine SPR-172B which fits perfectly with the factory speaker holder/bracket. In the rear 6X9 Alpine SPR-692B. Alpine CDA-7875 head unit. Alpine (two) 12" Type-R subs. JL Audio 500/1 monoblock sub amp powering the subs in a custom box. The only problem I have with my system is that it has way too much bass and over powers the front and rear speakers, I now have to amp the 4 speakers, I plan to do this with the JL Audio 300/4. My recomendations on building a audio sysem is having a good balance in power from front to rear. Eg. if you have 1000 watts of sub power, it should have at least 500 watts of speaker power. A 2:1 power ratio is a good rule of thumb.
Old 12-09-2001, 03:10 AM

try turning your gain down a little or use a eq, or crossover to balance everything out. my elantra has pioneer head,pioneer eq, pioneer 6.5 2 ways in the door,pioneer 6x9 2 ways in the back all being powered by legacy 450x4, 2 jl 12w3d4 being powered by rockford bd1000.1, and a mtx crossover to keep everything balance