Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

What to do if it's too cold to put wax on?

Old 11-01-2016, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster
Default What to do if it's too cold to put wax on?

I was lazy and didnt put on a new top layer of wax on my car and now that it's getting too cold during the day and night I think I missed me chance to do it. I dont want to go through the winter without any protection on my paint. There's some on there now but it's been a few months since I did it. I know some will say you only need to wax your car once a year but I dont believe that. Any suggestions on what to do?
Old 11-01-2016, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Go spend the money at a touchless car wash and get the best spray package they have. It usually has paint protection with wax and polish. It may not be as good as a hand application of wax but it's better than nothing and will get you through the winter until you can do it yourself in the spring. If you do that once a month during the winter, it's well worth the $10-15 to not only get polish on your paint but to also get rid of any salt and snow under the car to keep it looking decent.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

You should have waxed the car a couple of months ago. A good coat of quality wax should last you all winter.