Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

ab-b Hyundai recalls 6,071 more Velosters over shattering sunroofs

Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default ab-b Hyundai recalls 6,071 more Velosters over shattering sunroofs

Filed under: Recalls, Safety, Hatchback, Hyundai

Back in December, Hyundai issued a recall affecting some 13,500 Veloster hatchbacks because their optional panoramic sunroofs could possibly shatter while the vehicle is in motion. Now, an expansion of that recall has been announced, with an additional 6,071 units of the 2012 model year hatchback figuring in to the problem.

The original recall covered cars built between November 1, 2011 and April 17, 2012, but this expansion concerns vehicles built from July 4, 2011 to October 31, 2011. Just like before, the official National Highway Traffic Safety Administration bulletin states that these vehicles may be fitted with sunroofs that were inadvertently weakened during installation, and thus, can possibly break while the vehicle is in motion.

This second sunroof recall is expected to kick off next month. Dealers will inspect the sunroofs in these affected vehicles and will replace the whole assembly if necessary, free of charge. Scroll down to read the full NHTSA report.Continue reading Hyundai recalls 6,071 more Velosters over shattering sunroofs

Hyundai recalls 6,071 more Velosters over shattering sunroofs originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

<h6 style="clear: both; padding: 8px 0 0 0; height: 2px; font-size: 1px; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0;"></h6>Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That would make me crap my pants.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

There was also a recall for the nissan maxima roof getting blow'd up, but I think that was because it was glued too stiffly to the chassis rails. I'd be interested to know what the cause is here.

As an aside, I would NOT want to be in a panoramic car in a rollover. Regardless of whether or not you are wearing your seatbelt, the side windows always shatter and peeps get thrown everywhere. Can you imagine the amount of gravel, broken glass, car parts, ___________ that would be flying around the interior of one of these in a rollover?

Nah.