Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

Product Warning: MAF Clamp Tuning

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD
Default Product Warning: MAF Clamp Tuning

So this was posted on Mazdaspeed Forums that some guy was on FocusST.org trying to sell a MAF clamp that fooled the ECU to push more boost.

Possible cheap tuning solution? see pic ... need a test car

Before the first post was edited by the mods it said that he had already sold some to Veloster Turbo & GenCoupe owners.

I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT use this product and if you are using it to remove it ASAP. It isn't safe to do this to your car. "Tuning" is one thing but this is not tuning. Spend the money and get the real thing and know that it will be a safe tune. I know that I no longer own a Hyundai but Im still a mod here and you guys are still like a family to me.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

If you combined a maf clamp with an extra injector, it'd be fine. Like that is the basis of how the AEM FIC works.

Don't use it by itself though, ever.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 AM

Vehicle: 99/ Hyundai /accent

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
If you combined a maf clamp with an extra injector, it'd be fine. Like that is the basis of how the AEM FIC works.

Don't use it by itself though, ever.

"With an extra injector" meaning a bigger sized injector with this maf clamp your saying it would would then be ok to run?