Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

Btr Canned Tune

Old 08-31-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2014 Veloster Turbo
Default Btr Canned Tune

Anybdy out there runnng with a BTR canned tune? Any issues with the tune?

I have the tune and sometimes my car turns over for a couple of seconds before starting. There's other times it starts right away.

Any experience this issue?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

I know a lot of the Genesis guys swear by BTR and you dont see too many people having problems.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Veloster Turbo

Originally Posted by sanigene
I know a lot of the Genesis guys swear by BTR and you dont see too many people having problems.

Thanks for the input. Using the canned tune is like having a completely different car. I'm enjoying it tremendously and haven't had the start issue for a few days now. I'm having BTR custom tune the car later this month. Took a few friends out over Labor Day that own GT Mustangs and they sad I could easily keep up with them. They felt with the tune and mods I was pushing around 260-300 hp. The car is freaking fast. The dyno later this month will give me true numbers
Old 09-02-2014, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0

I have a BTR tune and it. Havent had any problems with it and I've had it on my daily driven Genesis for almost 2 years.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

300hp veloster with just a tune? That seems a bit risky if it really is doing that. Pushing too hard on an otherwise stock settup seems like asking for something to let go. I am not counting intake or exhaust mods in that.. thinking more along the lines of the stock fuel systems ability to keep up. Even if its not pushing that much power it might feel like it because that isn't a very big car. My best friends cobalt SS with the same mods as me runs door to door with the genesis even with it being slightly less powerful due to weight. The first 60ft and reaction time win or lose that race... freaking traction control on the fwd that really works.... ... .. :biggrin:
Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

A bit off topic but I've blown the doors off every genesis I've come across with my SS/TC All roll races though, no digs.

Genesis is 400lbs heavier than my SS Sedan
Old 09-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

He is stock other than a K&N intake. I have a sri intake-axle back exhaust-clutch/flywheel. Pretty much each are stock with nothing serious done. As far as drivers we are equals proven at the track running the same car. I once raced him accent to accent with a gap of .005. I sh*t you not... ill try and find the slip somewhere - i might be remembering the 5 wrong but there were two zeros to the right of the decimal - crazy close race. So with any real mods I could see the SS/TC murdering all of us, ha. Even from a dig - that launch control is impressive but that is at stock levels of power. I really like that car and it feels faster than mine even knowing they are so close when run against each other. Also.. the handling on a FWD.. almost unbelievable. I feel better about my purchase the first time I get the arse to step out after driving the genesis

//End of my offtopic posts
Old 01-02-2015, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

I just ordered my BTR canned tune. Cant wait to get it and see what kind of difference it makes on the car.