Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

I'd buy this

Old 01-11-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default I'd buy this

It's only $300 too. Saw this on a CES gadgets article

yXQGjqh.jpg

New cars just keep getting smarter and more connected. And nowhere is that more obvious than at CES. But what if you're not ready to trade up your couple-of-years-old ride just yet? The $300 Raven sits on your dashboard and packs a Wi-Fi hotspot, GPS, security system, vehicle diagnostic system, and front- and cabin-facing video cameras in a box no bigger than your rearview mirror. It will even give you feedback on your driving skills.

https://raven.is/
Old 01-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Interesting.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You get a lot for $300, but I'm curious how the security system works. But the WiFi hotspot and front/rear cameras are worth it with just those features.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd be interested in how customizable it will be. Do you get to choose which vehicle diagnostics get displayed? Also, do you get to choose carrier for your hotspot, or stuck with one carrier? Or, is it setup through their own 3rd party carrier that requires a seperate subscription to use. Much like home monitoring companies like Vivint.

Their promo video shows nothing of vehicle diagnostics. Also interested in exactly how the security system works. Could be a real winner depending how it's released. Not exactly throwing my money at this yet.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 PM
geo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

I want this and will be following the development of it.