Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tiburon Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/)
-   -   keep blowing fuses... (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/keep-blowing-fuses-27499/)

zoned019 03-29-2005 09:13 PM

keep blowing fuses...

well, something happened. not sure what..i'm sure some of you have discovered that the right tail light fuse is interconnected with all of your interior lighting. after i finally figured this out, i replaced the fuse, flip on my lights and it goes again. did this about 3-4 times, wasted a lot of fuses. anyone know what it could be? i'm pretty clueless...i haven't messed with any of my interior lights or tail lights at all for at least a month or so. i hooked up a deck and 2 subs last night, but everything was working fine all last night and today, then it just suddenly happened.....

OdessitPashka 03-29-2005 09:14 PM

try using more powerful fuses.

zoned019 03-29-2005 09:14 PM

i did, it suggests using 10A, i put in a 25 and it still blew.

a_gut 03-29-2005 09:17 PM

You got a short somewhere. That, or you wired something up to that circuit and its drawing too much current. Unless you for some reason wired your deck and subs to the interior lighting circuit, I'd check for a short.

01tibby 03-29-2005 09:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019)</div><div class='quotemain'>i did, it suggests using 10A, i put in a 25 and it still blew.</div>

dont do that.

everything in the circuit is designed around 10 amps being the max. MAYBE up it by 5, but no more. stuff that is a lot harder to replace will start breaking.

zoned019 03-29-2005 09:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (a_gut)</div><div class='quotemain'>You got a short somewhere. That, or you wired something up to that circuit and its drawing too much current. Unless you for some reason wired your deck and subs to the interior lighting circuit, I'd check for a short.</div>
that's the thing .. obviously i didn't do that. lol.
wtf..
where would i check? the dimmer harness? somethin with the tails?

Viper 03-29-2005 10:57 PM

any particulair scenario when the sh*t brakes. Try to re-inact, so that you can pinpoint what's the exact problem.

majik 03-29-2005 11:04 PM

pull out the head unit and check all of the wires. Maybe there's a wire loose somewhere that's touching metal and shorting out the fuses. It's happened to me before. Check all of the wires, make sure they're all taped up with electrical tape.

col96fx 03-29-2005 11:21 PM

I had the same fuse blow a few times after I had the dash out to do the gauges. Mine would blow whenever I tried to use the rear wiper. When I pulled the dash back out I realised that there was a spare plug on the wiring loom (for an option I don't have) over near the rear wiper switch, and I had pluged that into the switch by accident. No more blown fuses once the right bits were pluged together.

Kit-Fox 03-30-2005 08:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019)</div><div class='quotemain'>the right tail light fuse is interconnected with all of your interior lighting.</div>

Thats odd, my right tail lights connected to all the lights on my right side, the front stationary lights, the rear stationary lights, the licsense plate right light, and the right front positional light. not the headlamps, and nothing inside. RD1 and RD2 Wired diferantly?