Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tiburon Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/)
-   -   AEM CAI Sizes? I need TBolt Clamps. Please help. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/aem-cai-sizes-i-need-tbolt-clamps-please-help-32549/)

REDZMAN 10-27-2005 11:28 AM

Okay, I'm about to buy a bunch of new hose to do my engine bay, I don't like the stuff that's in there, and some of it keeps coming off.

Anyone know the sizes we need? Not LENGTH, but the diameters?

I'm going to do ALL of the vaccum hoses, rubber hoses, complete. I've allready done the radiator hoses obviously.

Also, I'm replacing all the hose clamps in the engine bay with T Bolt Clamps. I need to know the sizes I'll need for the AEM CAI, from the filter to the TB.

Anyone have those sizes handy? Whomever helps out, gets first dibs on the spare hose.

Jaws021 10-27-2005 04:19 PM

for vacuum hoses buy the akimoto kit

Its sold on summit racing. PRice wise, its pretty cheap, quality wise... its fantastic.

It holds up fine with hot turbo setups.

Get that....
It includes 3 different sized hoses, all which will cover up every hose in the engine bay, and some extra hosing incase you need some vacuum hoses for a turbo setup.

They come in blue, red, and yellow i believe.

I know its not the response you wanted, but rather an alternative to what your buying.

Akimoto kits are sold under $50.

faithofadragon 10-27-2005 04:35 PM

well thinkin about what jaws said

i looked up what the kit came with

The kits include 10 ft. of 3mm hose, 5 ft. of 6mm hose, and 2 ft. of 10mm hose

so if the kit fits our cars....then those hose sizes should be what your lookin for

man i rock lol

Jaws021 10-27-2005 05:05 PM

bastard!
wink1.gif

REDZMAN 10-27-2005 09:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021 @ Oct 27 2005, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>for vacuum hoses buy the akimoto kit

Its sold on summit racing. PRice wise, its pretty cheap, quality wise... its fantastic.

It holds up fine with hot turbo setups.</div>

No, I'm doing Samco hosing thru the whole bay. I have that Akimoto kit on it right now and it's way too dark. Or at least the one avaialble a few years ago that I bought was. I love the samco stuff, and am doing the whole bay in it.

Faith, good idea, guess I can try that. Maybe I'll just try to measure them all tomorrow.

Anyone know on the clamps?

Also, I don't see a 10MM hose, there is a 6.4 and a 9MM.

faithofadragon 10-27-2005 09:55 PM

well i think a 9mm would work but it would depend on the inside diameter of the hose itself

i dont think they make t clamps that small though

REDZMAN 10-28-2005 08:26 AM

DUH.

T clamps are for the intake stuff, as I said above ya noob.

REDZMAN 11-01-2005 08:10 AM

Okay, ordered the hoses this weekend.

Now, I need help with the T BOLT CLAMP SIZES!!!

01tibby 11-01-2005 10:44 AM

well what size is your intake piping?

faithofadragon 11-01-2005 11:52 AM

your such a ricer

t-clamps on a CAI

lol laugh.gif