Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

HIDs or PIAA bulbs?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Santa Fe
Default HIDs or PIAA bulbs?

Do you guys think its a good idea to put in HID's in my Santa Fe or should I stick with just getting some PIAA or Silverstar bulbs? I dont want to blind drivers coming towards me and I have heard that you should never put HID's in an SUV. Any advice?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

HIDS... I have HIDS in my Liberty and love them..

Silverstars and the like are MEH.. HIDS FTW..

I get so much light out of my HIDS I only use my fog lights when its REALLY dark at night. Sometimes I will switch on the lo beams if I need some extra light. I never got 'flashed' by oncoming drivers until I lifted it (since I didn't adjust the beam)
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

^- screw you and everyone with a truck that does that....
Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If your anywhere near where it snows I'd say don't get hids

Had em on the max, they don't get the lens hot enough to melt the snow, so you are constantly scraping the lenses off
Old 08-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Originally Posted by turbosocks
Silverstars and the like are MEH.. HIDS FTW..

Mega-dittos on this. HIDs are full of WIN. Anything else, not so much.

Get HIDs from DDMTuning, they have a set for like $55 shipped, with a lifetime warranty (yes, I've already used that warranty once, and it was stupid easy customer service!) I think Socks initially mentioned DDM, and wow are they terrific. I have HIDs in both headlights and fogs. My wife thinks they're too bright when I follow her, but I never get flashed by other cars. Before HIDs, I aimed my beams up just a tad, but after HIDs, I moved them back down. If you have problems with blinding people, just aim them down a little, and you should be fine.

Socks, fix your HIDs. I'm that guy that even though you might not have your high beams on, I'll flash you until you're blinded just so you get the point that your headlights need to be fixed. And you know how bright the Tiburon highs are...