Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

Washington DC Hyundai Dealer Announces Black Friday Mega Sale

Old 11-23-2009, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Washington DC Hyundai Dealer Announces Black Friday Mega Sale

Alexandria Hyundai in Virginia will offer auto shoppers a dedicated Black Friday Hyundai sale website which will launch just days before Thanksgiving. Every new and used Hyundai car at Alexandria Hyundai will be marked down significantly.
The dedicated Hyundai Sale website is: www.HyundaiBlackFriday.com
Virginia and Washington DC area Hyundai shoppers can find substantial savings this Black Friday [...]

View the full article
Old 11-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I want a Gen Coupe for 50% off! EVERYTHING MUST GO!!! laugh.gif

I'd personally fly down there and wait in line at 5 am if that was the case! lmao.gif tongue.gif
Old 11-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd say it's a gimmick. but it's only about 40 minutes away, so it would be nice to check out the deals.

i would be excited for this, especially because my dad's transmission is finally warped out at 160,000miles with no service. hondas can do better than that. i'm afraid his next car will be a BMW 5-Series. used ones cost as much as a new Hyundai, and you're left with an excellent safe reliable piece of rock. sort of fed up with Hyundais right now since i strongly believed the car could make it to 200k with no issues :/

Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

BMW's have issues too, and repairing minor BMW issues can cost as much or more than a new trans in a Hyundai.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

from the dealership yes, i agree parts might be a bit more expensive but i wouldn't think part would cost a lot if you have a personal mechanic. it's been a long time beating these hyundais to the ground, but it's time to upgrade quality of life. a BMW comes a top performer from the factory, and will last as much as a honda will last.

i have to say i love the Elantra, but i'm tired of it. the window went bad, door handles fell off, it chokes sometimes, buttons wiped off, transmission is made of paper, metals are made of paper (a hail storm will reveal just how much), headlamps all faded, headlamps shake, and it's slow as hell for it's fuel economy! the gears in the transmission of my friends tiburon shattered and the flying gears blew holes through the transmission walls, my other friend's brand new tiburon wiper motors don't work. a friend in school said his santa fe would shut off while driving. the brakes and e-brake cables on both my car and my dad's car have broken multiple times.

i am also not happy with what i've been hearing about the new Hyundais. our friends bought a brand new sonata for the first time and the engine blew up. they rattle, gears aren't smooth.

i do have time to stop by Friday, it's right down the highway from me. but i can smell gimmick right under my nose. they don't tell you exactly how much they're cutting prices, they just say "marked down". And the current pre-owned prices are high. sometimes i think it's time to quit making my life and my family's lives hard as i am too much of a hyundai enthusiast and i get terror stories in return and that's all i've been hearing. let's face it, we cover up the bad stories and make like these cars are the best and they last for miles and miles just to sound good. but really, we know these cars have given us their share.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Our Hyundais are not trouble free, but nothing I've ever owned has been. For that matter, I've killed 4 vehicles since buying the Accent and in less than a quarter of the mileage put on the Accent combined between the 4. I am sort of a torture tester and nothing has ever passed the test except for the Hyundais, which both have. Sure they'll fail eventually, but even then they've already gone so much longer than anything else I've owned.

Some BMW parts are no more expensive from Autozone than other parts, but a LOT are. A lot of the parts have a more complicated design than most cars, making them more expensive. I like BMW's, I am sure I'll own an e36 M3 at some point. I've had a few friends with BMW's though and they had just as many problems as anyone else I know. As they get older a lot of peripheral things get issues that aren't even available on most Hyundais. BMW's are definitely better built than any Hyundai (although the Genesis Sedan is actually really close) but they still have problems and they have more things to go wrong.