Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Hybrids (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/)
-   -   what was I thinking? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/what-i-thinking-70272/)

RabidPriest 08-31-2012 07:24 PM

what was I thinking?

Hey all... Just started ripping my 05 Beta Accent apart to throw into this 01 auto Accent I got with a blown motor... I scanned all the auto to manual swap threads and figured out much of the issues I would encounter during this process...Key word scanned.....Damn...Holy hell... I don't know If I should have sourced my parts from a LC1 instead of my LC2 but my plans of doing it over the long weekend are vanishing fast...More than likely I skimmed over some of the issues....Added on top of the elantra ECM I am wiring in and the sub frame swap and color change and rust proofing....pfheeeeeet....ughhhhh.....whatever still Friday...

Well anyways the reason I'm swapping my Beta out and going from megasquirt control to Elantra ECM control...Is this 01 Accent shall be my winter car....I installed the megasquirt to play around with and figure everything out so once I finish my plans for my 05, I have gone through much of the testing stages with a standalone engine management system. Anyways the unveil...I'm not much of a walk through type of guy, Like the many I've learned from on these forums.....But I dedicate this to a forever friend "g4ebguysite".....

brrrrrrrrrrrbrbrrrrbrrr...drumrole....05 Hyundai Accent/Genesis 2.0 Liter Turbo...Rear Wheel Drive... Wide body.....whoooo hold your horses....Deadline for completion...3 years...Since I work 12-14 hours a day... My car shall be worked on slowly.... I have it on paper... just needs to be fabricated....Anyways....I'm not a heavy contributor to this site, although I read much of whats shared.... But I figured I would say this just for all those that say It can't be done or will cost a fortune....It's all about skills my friend you think those guys that build amazing things use magic.......I hope I don't gotta eat these words....And thanks to all the knowledgeable people on here.

Stocker 08-31-2012 09:31 PM

well good luck, for what it's worth

HotBlue02 09-01-2012 04:32 PM

I will be watching this build for the next three years then, also awesome job dedicating this to Gay4GuySites.

OTECTom 09-03-2012 07:13 AM

Good luck with that man! Sounds like an interesting build. I know people build RWD civic bubble hatchbacks, so I'm sure it can be done, just not sure how much fabrication is involved. Keep up on the thread as much as you can, I wanna see how this turns out.

faithofadragon 09-03-2012 10:55 PM

im calling it now

never going to happen

wheel_of_steel 09-03-2012 11:51 PM

Okay man, that's an ambitious project. Update the sh*t out of this thread with build pics, it's always interesting to see how people go about converting a fwd chassis to rwd.

Also, you are allowed to finish sentences with a single period instead of three.

OTECTom 09-04-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel (Post 667789)
Also, you are allowed to finish sentences with a single period instead of three.

:Crylol:

:dnftt:

majik 09-04-2012 09:25 AM

It would be nice to keep your progress chronicled here in this thread. A local guy just did a beautiful SR swap on his Supra and it took him just under 2 years to build it. Tore it down completely and rebuilt it, engine bay is nicely tucked and everything is nitroplated black on the white engine bay.

It's a long process but well worth the experience and a nice investment if you want to keep it as a race car for the next several years.

What are your overall goals? Just completion, or a stable track car hitting xx.x in the 1/4?

Tibbi 09-04-2012 12:42 PM

If you're going to all the trouble to retrofit this be be rwd, why not go for some real power from a big crazy American V8? Seems like a lot of work for little results imho. An MR conversion would be a lot easier for a small displacement motor if rear drive is the long term goal. A mid-ship GTiR red top would be my weapon/goal of choice in this case. Plus requires less custom fabrication.

faithofadragon 09-04-2012 01:11 PM

hell if thats the case it would be easier to drop the accent body onto a s10 chassis