Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

TurboTom's 95 Hyundai Elantra

Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 95 Hyundai Elantra (4g63t swap Soon)
Default TurboTom's 95 Hyundai Elantra

Well this build is going to be interesting and push my fabrication skills to the test. I have been driving this thing over 3 years now and soon enough I will be doing the swap but for now she is my daily driver. My plans to make it street legal as possible and my goal is to hit 10's with this beast. Going to swap a 4G63T and keeping it auto fwd to see where that takes me. If need be, I'll swap a AWD from parts off a 1g DSM,

Here is pics of the hyundai in stock form:

Well I cracked up my front bumper and I couldn't find a replacement so I used a 91 eagle talon front bumper and I have to say that the car has a face lift. The car looks so much better than the stock on,lol.

Here is what it looks like in current state:

-1g GST ebiach lowering spring

- 17 inch wheels off a galant vr4

- custom gauge pods from a 1g

- got rid of the spoiler and flat black the trunk and hood

- cut out the hyundai sign in the middle of the grill

- installed a safc 1 on the stock ECU from the 1.8 Dohc

- B&M FPR

Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 PM

So as day have passed on I got sick of driving the car no boosted so I went for it and boosted it at my buddies,lol. The car has the 4g67 1.8 dohc so this is my parts list:

The turbo is in but I couldn't install and sidemount because the battery needs to go in the back to fit the intake and upper intercooler pipe,lol. So for now I have it non-intercooler on 8 psi with 390s, B&M flow commando FPR and the B&M gauge on the filter. SAFC 1, dsm awd 2.5 down pipe, and a AEM wideband. Once I figure out what's wrong with my photo bucket I posted the pics up.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Pics of Turbo or it didnt happen!!! lol
Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 AM

Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe

I couldn't find any pics of the turbo process, I kno I got some...but anyways here's a vid a little after we got it running untuned:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JlBYNgxsI[/media]
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Awesome swap! Theres a couple other members here that have the same car and same swap! Good luck getting all the small details worked out!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Turboron_99

I don't bull sh*t, I'm the real deal, I build everything and make any thing that possible for me to do by myself. I do get help but it's very rarely that I do and I worked on DSMs for 10 years now still going strong baby,lol.!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:02 PM

Can't wait for this to be the honda killer,lol.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe

Originally Posted by Turboron_99

Here ya go! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4vHzf1qds[/media]
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

this is so awesome. epinero's car is dreamy. my dad used to have an Excel just like epineros but silver/gold. it was designed by none other than the legendary Giugiaro. i loved it. the 4G63 rails any Honda B18 or H22. i'm surprised that we didn't have more aftermarket and tuner support.

i love the Talon bumper, it looks very original, and looks like it came with the car. i would create some fiberglass inserts and throw in some fog lights in those inlets.

i love the rims too. all round, it's got my highest approval.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
this is so awesome. epinero's car is dreamy. my dad used to have an Excel just like epineros but silver/gold. it was designed by none other than the legendary Giugiaro. i loved it. the 4G63 rails any Honda B18 or H22. i'm surprised that we didn't have more aftermarket and tuner support.

i love the Talon bumper, it looks very original, and looks like it came with the car. i would create some fiberglass inserts and throw in some fog lights in those inlets.

i love the rims too. all round, it's got my highest approval.

Thanks man, my goal is to go as fast as I can with what I got, seeing $$ is tight for me now. Far as looks is concern, this car is mostly going to be a drag car but still legal on the streets. I'm going to do the body work myself and what I wanna do is a jet fighter look with air brush rivets, the air plane sheet metal look and the imfamous shark bite mouth on the bumper. Or either a red/black/sliver/white camoflauge, haven't decided yet,lol. Paint isn't my concern I do want to make it clean and not look like dog ass,lol. My 95 Eagle Talon awd is going to be my street car for a while, not unless someone buys it for a good price and then either I'll get a 4G63T GT colt/mirage or another excel but this time a hatchy, which will only be a street car to play around with hondas but still have 300hp