Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Screw the BS..........4G63 Swap....need opinions

Old 03-25-2002, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

If that's so Cheuk, then why are there freaking fast EVO's out there?

Check this out

And this car produces 600+ HP.

Could the Beta handle THAT much power? OOPS... it could!

But that motor has a lot of aftermarket.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:52 AM

ok first off, it will swap, i can get a block and stock internals from a 97 TSI for 150, and i can get a TDO-5 with blowoff valve for 75 with little to no shaft play, seals are all good. next the motor mounts are in the same place little adjustments to be made, tranny, ecu, wiring harness will be sufficient.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:40 AM

man ok so what is the enigine code on the 2.0 DOHC out of the 2k elantra.... the thing im freaking about is the aluminum blocks man. i wanna boost like 20 psi. it can be done with a fully built motor, but the stock 4G63 boosts 14 all day. thats why i was thinking about a swap, i also see what your saying about the degree of the motor and other little complications..that sucks. what other companies sell aftermarket engine mods for elantras, besides shark racing. shark racing doesnt offer any forged pistons, rods, rings, valves, nothing just cams and small ****. Help...
Old 03-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Red

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hondas Suck:
ok first off, it will swap... next the motor mounts are in the same place little adjustments to be made, tranny, ecu, wiring harness will be sufficient.</div>Ok, what the hell are you smoking, or what are you leaving out?

A US domestic market Mitsubishi 4G63 will NOT SWAP into ANY chassis that originally came with a BETA engine. You can make it FIT, but it will not SWAP.

Didn't we just cover this? Pay attention:

Hyundai Transmission? It's on the WRONG SIDE OF THE CAR to mount to the engine.

Hyundai ECU? WTF? Yeah, a stock Hyundai ECU that was meant for 140 SAE Net horsepower, programmed for 245cc injectors, a hotwire MAF sensor and NORMAL ASPIRATION will NEVER EVER work on the 4G63 engine and sensors.

Hyundai wiring harness? Take a wild guess, based on the ECU problem stated above.

Engine mounts? Oh gee, I guess having the engine completely 180-degrees BACKWARDS isn't going to affect the motor mounts either, right?

Get a clue. Buy a clue. Or if nothing else, let someone work on your car who HAS a clue.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:45 AM
Red

P.S. Hyundai BETA engines use 100% cast iron blocks, just like Mitsu does. Hyundai BETA engines also use aluminum heads, just like Mitsu does. Hyunai BETA stock crankshafts have 50 millimeter crank journals, just like Mitsu does.

I think you really need to do some actual READING and/or research before you start going off about how much you can actuall do to one of these engines.

Are you suggesting that a block that can take 600 WHEEL horsepower with a piston and rod upgrade isn't enough? Because you already have such an engine IN YOUR CAR...
Old 03-27-2002, 08:54 AM

excuse my ignorance, im finding it very hard to find that kind of information ANYWHERE.....and when i post a question on here, and ask a few times, people like you blatantly outburst and call me a fool. give me some links of places to read about correct sizes and codes and stuff in comparison to the others then maybe my questions will have a little bit more meaning and support behind them...
Old 03-27-2002, 08:55 AM

so your telling me that the hyundai block will hold 600 whp without putting a rod through the block like my buddy just did on his ****-egra
Old 03-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Red

The problem is, you didn't post a QUESTION, you blatently said:

First off, it will swap... as if you knew what you were talking about. NO IT DOESN'T SWAP, AND WE'VE BEEN EXPLAINING IT FOR THE LAST FOUR DAYS.

Not to mention the other 10 times it's been asked on this site.

Wanna know where to go to read things? Got a question about Hyundai that you wanna find an answer to? Check THIS out right here:

CLICK ME FOR FREE KNOWLEDGE!

Type in "Eclipse Motor" and watch what happens. Gee wow, look at that, free information! rolleyes.gif
Old 03-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Red

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Hondas Suck:
so your telling me that the hyundai block will hold 600 whp without putting a rod through the block like my buddy just did on his ****-egra</div>Um, read much? rolleyes.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originall posted by Red:
Are you suggesting that a block that can take 600 WHEEL horsepower with a piston and rod upgrade isn't enough? Because you already have such an engine IN YOUR CAR...</div>Maybe the problem isn't US not telling you?
Old 03-27-2002, 09:01 AM

i didnt ask any questions in this thread, but previously it seemed like nobody would answer anything i asked, or nobody knew anything....obviously you know your **** and your enlightening me as the hour goes on.. tongue.gif