Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Hybrids (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/)
-   -   Screw the BS..........4G63 Swap....need opinions (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-hybrids-70/screw-bs-4g63-swap-need-opinions-3624/)

Hondas Suck 03-24-2002 05:48 AM

Screw the BS..........4G63 Swap....need opinions

lay it on me. I wanna go turbo i've been looking around and wanting to go turbo so bad...I was thinking about swaping a 4G63 into my 2k elantra. thats the 2nd or 3rd gen talon motor the 2.0 DOHC Turbo motor. has anyone attempted this or completed it?? any specs or anything would help as well as opinions.

Lantra98 03-24-2002 06:17 AM

If I we're you I would just stick with the engine you have and just buy the Alpine turbo, I e-mailed them early part of last year they have a kit they say will put 200+ WHP it's above $2k..

Ask Random about his he's probably at 200hp, plus it's a lot nicer to say you can kick it up a notch in a Tuned Hyundai... :cool:

NightRaven 03-24-2002 06:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Lantra98:
Ask Random about his he's probably at 200hp, plus it's a lot nicer to say you can kick it up a notch in a Tuned Hyundai... :cool:</div>I beleave random is laying out 256 whp at the moment if i remember right. As far as droping the talon motor in, it's gona be a hell of alot more expensive then just getting a turbo for your beta.

Red 03-24-2002 06:42 AM

Do you somehow think you're the very first genius to think of this? rolleyes.gif

Why don't you even ATTEMPT to go look for this topic being mentioned the other 80-some times it's been asked.

Mitsu motor. Hyundai frame. No matter what some idiot tells you, they are NOT the same car or the same engine. The turbo motor is 180-degrees backwards of the Hyundai G4GF/G4GD/G4GM engines. It doesn't fit into the engine mounts. It cannot even begin to mount to the transmission. The wiring harness is completely wrong. The ECU is completely wrong.

If you wanted to spend the money to MAKE a 4G63 fit in your 1996 or later Hyundai, you might as well spend the money and drop something BIG in there like a 350. Because you're going to do the same amount of work and spend probably the same amount of money.

-Red-

Lantra98 03-24-2002 07:12 AM

My exact thoughts :D
Plus it was mitsu that started the hyundai bad rap any ways..

This calls for a trip to the house of pain...
What is the law?
"Thou shall not place mitsu parts in Hyundai cars"

The KDM Gods have spoken!!!

Jaws 03-24-2002 07:19 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Lantra98:
My exact thoughts :D
Plus it was mitsu that started the hyundai bad rap any ways..

This calls for a trip to the house of pain...
What is the law?
"Thou shall not place mitsu parts in Hyundai cars"

The KDM Gods have spoken!!!</div>Very true, but try telling the dim wits that keep talking about Hyundais quality. They are literally talking out of their ass. rolleyes.gif

Viper966 03-24-2002 08:23 AM

random is only runnig around 165 WHP.... not 265, onpol was running 227 and 265, even random has said that he would not buy the alpine kit for the price they are asking now, the UFB kit with motec will be the best KIT out there when it becomes fully available

REDZMAN 03-24-2002 09:47 AM

So what is the total lowdown on the Superchargers now? Alpines is like $3500, I've seen one for $2900, and one for $3700 I think. Where can I see some info on this UFB Motec kit? I want to supercharge my 01', but everything I've looked at so far is rather low on the info, and high on the price.

lantraluvr 03-24-2002 10:16 AM

If you think of a 4G63 swap, do it with the Lancer EVO engine.

I heard rumors that there is one elantra here with a 4G63 from an eclipse. I've seen the car but I didn't see the engine bay (yet).

I swear. I'm not lying. And it's only a rumor. So to anyone who tries to BS me, whatever.

Viper966 03-24-2002 11:13 AM

well the older sonatas can take turbo mitsu engines as a drop in replacement, some of the older elantras, excels, and scoupes may be the same way but im not sure