Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

P0500 on Beta Swap

Old 10-06-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Accent
Default P0500 on Beta Swap

Okay so I'm still taking time to pick away at the codes on my 2.0 accent still, the last one I'm at is a p0500 wheel speed sensor code. Now Im using a 2002 Elantra non cvvt non-abs ecu to run my engine and its to my understanding that all non-abs cars with the beta 2 ecu have this right front wheel sensor that isnt included on my accent. My plan is to do the J2 Elantra brake swap, I'm going to use the knuckles from said Elantra with the sensor hole and a new axle with the teeth so I can mount in the sensor. I was wondering if anyone else had a better idea or a way around this because my rpms are limited at 5500 right now along with running like it's in limp mode. I see lots of people have done the swap, at least some with the beta 2 ecu.. Did you have this same problem? Thanks for any input.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I got the wrong axle on my XD. The only way around it for me was to get the right axle. In this case it will be the list of parts you mentioned. Not exactly sure what my XD that was Non-ABS needed from that but it got really mad without it and started that 5500 redline crap.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Serious response: ^what he said. It's a signal the computer looks to see changing with speed, and would be possibly MORE trouble to fool the computer into thinking it's there when it's not. I think it's change the computer (and maybe harness ) or get the proper parts.

Troll response: I got the wrong axle on my 2000 and it doesn't matter because it doesn't use the sensor wheel on the newer axle anyway
Old 10-07-2014, 06:21 AM

Thanks for the input guys, guess I'm going the brake swap to solve my problem. I'm thinking the only way would be to use the 1.6 ecu from the accent but I don't feel like losing any performance over it. It's just funny that I haven't seen this mentioned specifically for beta swaps and I know a couple of them used the tibby or Elantra ecu. The wiring harness that hotblue02 sold me is wired as if I was supposed to have abs so I'll have to repin a couple wires to add the sensor in lol.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:39 AM

I forgot to add in my solution, im not really sure what other people have been doing with the lc beta swap using the 2.0 ecu when it comes to this issue, but i dont know anyone who would want to roll with a 5.5k redline. This was supposed to be a perfect fit, i used the 10 inch elantra brake swap as an excuse to get another spindle. i went with the older j2 spindles and calipers, but i bought the right front spindle online cause i couldnt find one with a sensor hole at the auto recyclers. i also purchased a new accent axle with the ring gear on it and grabbed the rf wheel sensor. My plan was to have the ring gear fit properly into the spindle but i didnt do enough research and the ring gear came up short, which is better than no fit at all i suppose. so i made my own bracket and thankfully that did the trick. Im hoping theres an easier way to go through with this and perhaps an axle that will fit better for this method, though if you wanna kill 2 birds with 1 stone you can do this for either the 11 inch tibby or 10 inch elantra brake swap while knocking off that annoying redline governor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
wheel sensor.jpg (645.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_3238.JPG (1.82 MB, 3 views)
Old 01-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

+ for the follow-up, and for the information - thanks.