Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

MAF sensor

Old 05-05-2017, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accent
Default MAF sensor

Hey guys.

This is going to sound completely noob but I'm having issues finding my MAF. The one that I ordered off of eBay is no place to be found in my car. I checked and apparently it fits my car (2000 LC Accent 1.5l 16v). I can not find the part that got sent to me what so ever. I don't know how to post photos or anything but the part I got looks like it goes with-in the piping, So from the air filter box to the throttle body. I can't find any plugs from where it's meant to go or anything like that. I'm completely confused about where this part is meant to go. I'm quite sure I got the wrong part but wanting to know where the part is that I need to buy just so I know what I am looking for.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2017, 03:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Coupe

It looks like you have MAF sensor but if you have 1.5 16V than your car don’t use MAF

You got MAP sensor that is located in intake manifold!

This is MAF sensor for 1.3/1.5 12v (SOHC) and I think that you bought this sensor

And this is MAP sensor that your car should have 1.5 16v (DOHC)

Old 05-05-2017, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accent

Ahh ok that clears things up. I did notice that sensor in the intake manifold. That helps heaps. I did get one for the SOHC not the DOHC. Thanks heaps. I think this place is going to help me heaps. I'm a little obsessed with the LC Accent as it reminds me so much of an Excel (X3 Accent). The LC Accent looks really tough and I love the lines and angles in the body work. I have a full WRC kit on mine and it looks great. Not a fan of the face lifted LC (LC2?). Accent's went to "cute" after the shape I have now.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Coupe

Upload pictures to Tinipic and post links so we could see the car