Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Jsharptooth91's Beta 2 swap

Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

their just as good as the day I bought them, lol... I never got around to installing them yet so their living the shelf life actually. I'm going to finally get to install them this weekend most likely or one of these evenings soon. There are several people on RDTiburon that have these and said the install was easy and they worked out fine for them. The only complaint is that these could buzz more then other headers for 2 possible reasons:
1) shitty welds
2) thin material

There is no proof on either of these issues tho and I must say the set I have has solid clean weld beads and shows no sign of air getting through. I don't have a micrometer or whatever tho so I don't know about the thickness but no one has measured the cheap headers or the newer headers.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

Thanks for the info on them. I have heard the same things also.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:31 AM

Soooo, I put the motor today. Got the flywheel and got it back from the machine shop today. It was easy to put the motor in. Lining up the tranny to the motor always kicks my ass, so I spent most of my time fighting with that.
I have a couple of issues with the install.
1. The motor is in there level. But my hood touches the motor. Anyone else have this issue? If not did I do something wrong?
2. The throttle cable is lose! Do I need to adjust it? I’m not sure there is an adjustment.
3. Also, the front tranny mount looks crooked, will this be an issue?

4. With Ryan’s mount, I can’t have the mount flat against the motor. The hood touches more this way.

Here are some other pix on the motor in the car. Don’t mind all the wires, I was re wiring the harness. I will post all my pin outs when I’m done and get it running.

Here is a shot of the mount I re-drilled.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm glad to see your swap coming along man but I'm useless as far as swap info. I did install those OBX headers finally this past weekend and I created a DIY on RDT so I figured I would post a link here. I may have sound clips and video posted this weekend if I can get my hands on a decent video camera.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=28144&hl=
Old 07-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The throttle cable is adjustable. It has 2 nuts that move along the threaded body and sandwich the throttle cable mount between them to adjust the cable tension.

What part of the engine is hitting the hood?

That tranny mount looks funky. If you get everything else ironed out drive it up and we'll fab one that fits properly.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 PM

I did adjust it, using those 2 nuts. Its still lose.
The part that hits the hood is on the pass side. I might be able to drill a new hole or bore out the mount on the pass side to try to get it to go down. I think when Ryan makes the mounts, it just a general mock up so the hole might not be perfect.
I would love to drive it. But i'm moiving next week and i still need an exhast header.So, i will have to tow my car to my new place.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Administrator

If you've tried adjusting the throttle cable and you've maxed out the throw you'll have to extend the bracket that holds the throttle cable in place I would assume.

Is the motor hitting the hood enough to keep it from closing or just enough to lift that side of the hood? If it's barely making contact you might be able to adjust the hood height pads (don't know their real name) and prop the hood up out of the way just enough. If it's hitting the plug cover only you can remove that as well. Have you put a level on the motor to see if it is really sitting level or did you just eyeball it? if the passenger's side is sitting a bit higher I would be inclined to modify the mount to make it fit. If it truly is level I would be inclined to try to find clearance somewhere other than the mount.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:22 AM

It’s barely making contact with the hood. I have already adjusted the knobs for the hood. I don’t know what they are called either… LOL.
I put a level on the motor.
I was thinking the same thing about the throttle cable. I might have to move the bracket that holds it in place.
What I might do is move the brackets back to their original places and drill out the urethane in Ryan’s mount and see how that works.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Any progress? I know moving probably has taken up all your free time but maybe...

I know it adds time and takes away simplicity but if you need any mounts modified we can do it. As long as I know ahead of time I could probably even come down to your place with my welder, saws, grinder, etc. so that we can test fit in place if it'll help.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 PM

Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jul 8 2008, 10:32 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Any progress? I know moving probably has taken up all your free time but maybe...

I know it adds time and takes away simplicity but if you need any mounts modified we can do it. As long as I know ahead of time I could probably even come down to your place with my welder, saws, grinder, etc. so that we can test fit in place if it'll help.</div>

any updates?