Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Engine Transplant-S-Coupe

Old 07-20-2002, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Transplant-S-Coupe

Right, after looking at the engine and gearbox in my car, ive worked out that getting it up together and tuning on top of that it would be more cost effective to just swop the engine.
What I was wondering is what the similaritys are between a later tib 2.0 16valve and mine are, i suspect that they are totally different in which case i have a 2.0 16 valve opel (C20XE for those that know) which is 150bhp standard before ive even touched it can go in.
Coz cost wise if a hyundai 2.0 16valve is totally different to whats in my car then cost of fittment would be the same as fitting an opel unit, what are your thoughts?
Old 07-20-2002, 12:19 PM

I say mod the 1.5 turbo but if you are hell bent on it! It would be more cool to see the opel engine in it! Besides you can prob get better performance parts for the opel over there than the tibby engine!
Old 07-20-2002, 08:18 PM

Id tune the 1.5 turbo, thing is im gonna have to rebuild it and prob new gearbox, all that expense + the cost of tuning?
Other thing is i can get 200bhp-230bhp out of opel engine before you hav to do any strenthening.
Another point is no tuners around know anyting about the car even for the so called pros it would be trial and error where as the opel unit is so common other here there are loadsa specailists on it.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There are probably no hyundai tuning shops in the UK that are familar with tuning the 1.5L Turbo motor. However, there are in Austraulia and Korea.

*importing* the knowledge and parts would not be cheap or easy, but I think they would be cheaper and easier than trying to fit/modify the Opel motor into your car.

You would be looking at about $1500 to $2000 in US funds to do a motor swap of that type. That does NOT include the cost of the motor and transmission itself, just the motor mount fabrication and install labor. You might still need axles, and outter hub/suspension parts to make it all work. That adds to the cost...

I would guess, ballpark, about $3000 US funds to get the engine and tranny installed, and all parts fabricated/installed. Then add the cost of whatever parts you will need.

For that much $$$, you should be able to work wonders with the 1.5L motor you have.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:05 AM

Thanx mate, your prob right, its just that its such a nightmare to get info or parts here. sad.gif
You dont happen to know off hand any companys in Korea and Australia(web addys) that can help?
Old 07-22-2002, 04:16 AM

WWW.parkingban.com

links just links (well and Stuff)
Old 07-22-2002, 05:05 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

www.hmaservice.com/webtech
Old 07-23-2002, 08:06 AM

Thanx guys, much apreciated smile.gif