Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Engine swap question

Old 02-20-2002, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap question

I think I might just swap my beta for an already turboed motor, such as a FWD dsm engine or something like that. What exactly am i looking at laborwise to make it fit? Would it be remotely feasible to go all out and get an AWD engine/tranny combo? I'm just kinda talking outta my azz at the moment, but those engines have been proven to go sub-12s. Not saying I need all that, but if i'm gonna spend $4k on the ballistic kit and hit 14s if i'm lucky, then it's not worth it. I didn't buy the car to be quick, but it's really nice to have that ability. Let me know guys (ladies too), thanks.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:49 AM

for 4 thousand,....
i dont think youll be able to have an AWD tibby,... it would be nice though

hmmmm check out libra racing

they have the AWD tibby
plus i think hyundai made that car AWD

im guesstimating an AWD tibby would cost you about 10000+
youll need a custom tranny, axles,.... get the pic
plus you still need the power to get all those 4 wheels rolling
Old 02-20-2002, 02:55 AM

Ok, AWD wasn't the major idea anyway... no biggy. I just wanted to know what all is involved with like a GS-T engine swap, since everything is still FWD. There's a car on Xorro's page that has a 4g63t setup... Here I thought it was a sweet idea. I have a few thousand now, but I'm not going to do it all right away. I want to milk my warantee at least a year or two before i do the actual swap. In the mean time i'm going to piece it all together. BUT, I'm not going to bother if the labor to drop it in is gonna be out the wazoo. If anyone wants to come give me a hand.... that's a different story heh.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:03 AM

wow,.... never seen that before

still the customized work involved will cost you $$$
Old 02-20-2002, 05:10 AM

The talon motor is ass backward to ours, so unless your willing to do a whole front end and have 10gs NO. There is another mitsu motor from the galant vr4 and the newerr mivec motors that would fit but motor mounts etc will have to be custom made, read more money.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:22 AM

As another option, what about any turbo nissan motors like the sr20det, or maybe the toyota 2jz-gte ::cough cough::? Just trying to get some options, vr4 will probably be fine, but it's better to know what all is out there. Thanks again