Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

engine stuttering under acceleration

Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default engine stuttering under acceleration

So i have an 04 BetaII w/ cvvt in my accent. never had any problems with it until i came back from a 2000+ mile road trip.

I first noticed that when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear (sometimes 4th) I would get a lot of stuttering coming from the engine, but minimal loss of power. I thought it was maybe a misfire but I'm not throwing any codes for it and as i mentioned there was no real loss of power. i could feel vibration through the pedal, everything just felt unbalanced or something.

so last night I notice I'm leaking TONS of tranny fluid (manual tranny, forgot to mention that). Apparently my driver side drive shaft popped out of the tranny so fluid was spilling out. I popped the axle back into place and i'll fill it up with fluid here in a bit.

I'm wondering if the loss of tranny fluid might be the result of all the stuttering and vibration I was getting under acceleration? any ideas? thanks guys.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

check the obvious stuff first. If it is still giving you fits spray the SH*T outta the MAF with some CRC maf cleaner.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

A loose axle can cause some vibration, etc. but not really anything I would call stuttering. I suggest plugs and wires, with an emphasis on the wires.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM

hey so it turns out the retaining clip in that axle in question is broke. axle can slide about a centimeter in and out of the tranny. I noticed my good axle can do this but that retaining clip pulls it back into place, the broken one just slides out and stays out.

basically i need a new axle now
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 AM

in addition to that clip being broken, the splines on the transmission end were also worn out which was causing all the slipping.

no idea what caused all this but that's what it is. getting it all fixed up and ready to sell, one worn or broken part at a time.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The splines were probably worn out from slipping because the shaft was most of the way out.