Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

a couple of questions.

Old 07-16-2002, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple of questions.

Hi,
So Ive finally put my project into motion my mechanic should start swapping in that 4g63T into my 95 Elantra within a month or two.But like the subject says, I have a couple of questions, first my mechancic isnt too sure if well have to rewire the dash or not (he'll still do the swap if we do, but price will go up, and i mean up), or if the dash will work with the Elclipses ECU and wiring harness. My second question is, should my mechanic bother installing the side mounted intercooler from the Eclipse (if it even fits) or should I buy a front mounted one? If I can use the sidemount I'd rather do that for now, and later on switch to a front, but if I have no choice..... Thanks guys!
Old 07-16-2002, 12:26 PM

From what I know on the Elantra the Eclipse ECU will not directly plug in (It does in the Sonata.) If I were you I would try and get a complete Eclipse Turbo harness and rewire everything because of the additional items you will need to monitor/control like the knock sensor, boost control solenoid.. etc. You can use a stock Eclipse intercooler (you can get them cheap) but get a 2G I/C as the piping is different from the 1G and it's best suited for the Elantra. I am on a similar project but I am not exactly swapping in the 4G63T but just bolting on the turbo (I will be getting a 16G soon.) Right now I have everything apart for the turbo some custom intercooler piping, a boost controller, a boost gauge, and maybe an aftermarket FPR. From your profile I see you have an automatic. That will not be very suitable. You can always convert it to a 5spd Elantra and hook up the Mitsu. tranny (better ratio in the GS-T) or just remain with the 'not so good' ratios in the 5spd Elantra. I hope these helps.....
Old 07-17-2002, 07:40 AM

I actually am switching it to a 5 speed, sorry for not mentioning that. So i HAVE to do the dash wiring too? hmm, well good thing Im getting a front cut.... Now, if I have to rewire everything, will the gauges, speedometer, odometer, tach, etc. work with the Eclipse wiring? And how difficult would it be to do this?
Old 07-17-2002, 12:51 PM

Personally, I haven't done this but the electrical specifications of the Eclipse 4G63 and the Elantra 4G67 at least in the manual are almost identical. The wiring could be different. I wouldn't worry much about that but check and make sure (esp. the tach.) that the signals been sent are the same......Also I would invest in a good 94-95 Hyundai Elantra service manual and a service manual for the specific Eclipse front cut you are getting. Those will be invaluable. Tim (Hyundai4G63T) of Team Speed-Factor would be of much more help to you but unfortunately he doesn't post here. I am sure Red or Random may know his contacts.