Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

4g63T swap

Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

My point as you will have to remove the fuel tank and install a fuel cell, which almost ensures you will have to delete the evap system. Even though there might not be emissions tests in FL there may still be laws with heavy fines. Grant "if" you get caught but that's a risk you have to decide if you want to run. Might need to research that before hand. On top of that how do you plan to mound the rear sub frame needed? And what will be used for knuckles in the rear? And as stated before when the shaft is run down the center you loose the needed space for exhaust plumbing. Engine/trans mounts? which drive shaft will fit? Which axles will fit? ETC....

So many questions that need answering before seriously contemplation this swap. It'll be a killer machine but it'll easily cost the price of a used Evo 8. Put it into perspective and decide if you want this ebay evo8 or an Accent with the exact same specs but double the problems.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 PM

Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe

Originally Posted by Psy8ern3t1k
Oh My God dude, thanks so much for all the info you found! So considering the g4cp is the same as a 4g63, u can make the g4 engine work w/ some evo turbos? I assume; b/c the 4g had turbo versions...?

It's literally the SAME engine, even the same forged rods. All the aftermarket parts that fit the 4G63t fit the G4CP. All u need to make it a reliable turbo car is the turbo ecu, harness, and add the knock sensor in the back. Then u just migrate all the turbo parts, intercooler, etc. over.

My freind Turbo Tom has a 4G67 in his Elantra, pretty much just an identicle 1.8 version of the 4G63. He migrated all the turbo parts over bolted right on and the sucker is a blast to ride now. Here's a quick video link, it wasn't runnin perfect since we just did it but u get the idea:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JlBYNgxsI[/media]
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 95 Hyundai Elantra (4g63t swap Soon)

Originally Posted by Psy8ern3t1k
ok so, my major goal w/ info on a 4g turbo swap is the awd system. i want my accent awd. in your experience, is this possible? maybe by using a compatible rear end w/ a transfer case and compatible driveshaft? Maybe build an engine from scratch, ie., bottom end, top end, trans, etc.?

No! it's not possible and I'm going to tell you why. I wanted to do the same thing to my excel but there was a big problem, the excel and accents are the same wheel base which is 53' inches from hub to hub. Now a DSM wheel base is 56' inches from hub to hub meaning you will be 1 1/2 inches sticking out of the fenders. But there is someone that has done the awd swap on a hyundai scoupe, using DSM awd parts that did ALOT of fab work to get it to work AND had to add fender flares. This is why I sold my excel and got a elantra which is exact measurements as a DSM and also that why CSMs you can swap AWD because they are 56' inches.

My opinion, if you drop a 4g63t, you would also have to do fab work as well but the weight to power ratio would be insane!!! It's up to you, me personally I love 4g63 engines, they are easy, cheap, and can make sh*t loads of power with very litle,lol. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, I'm pretty much a Mitsu Guru,lol.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

cept betas are cheaper than 4gs and can hold a good amount of power and will damn near bolt into a accent platform

i honestly can say i PROBABLY could make a beta powered accent for under a grand, including getting the motor/trans and having the mounts welded up

dont see having a motor in the wrong orientation being done for that cheap, and while it is a turbo motor, for the price of all the fab work/headaches involved with making a 4g accent, i could get a beta, boost the f*ck out of it, and not have to worry about crank walk

Old 06-15-2011, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe

Crankwall is only an issue for 2nd Gen 4G63's (7 bolts to the flywheel). Most early Hyundais had engines by Mitsu so the swaps are pretty drop and go. Once your in the later years like the Accents and stuff the hyundai engines are the easiest to build up, betas are very underrated (going off what I've searched so far).

------

Turbo Tom is a wealth of knowledge btw lol
Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

its all gravy, if you read my title youd understand me a lil

one of these days im gonna find a x3 for hella cheap and see just how fast i can make it for the lowest amount of money

im talkin like 12s for 2 grand
Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 95 Hyundai Elantra (4g63t swap Soon)

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
its all gravy, if you read my title youd understand me a lil

one of these days im gonna find a x3 for hella cheap and see just how fast i can make it for the lowest amount of money

im talkin like 12s for 2 grand

My excel build only cost me $1800.00 (with the car's price), and I was roasting tires on 3rd gear going 40mph with 18psi of boost street tune only on SAFC, 550s, 2.5 exhaust custom made myself, s16g and a smic,lol.